Glock 19X

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I went to check out the Gen 5 Glock 19's today, and somehow a 19X followed me home. I don't normally like guns with these desert-tan finishes, but the 19X's balance was simply too good to walk away from.

I'll provide more of a write-up after this weekend's range session, but I have to say that the out-f-the-box package looks good. Three 17 round magazines, two of which have +2 grip extensions. Four extra back straps. and the usual speed loader, bore swab, lock, paperwork, etc. And it come out of the box with the night sights ... which aren't generally something I care about, but these seem pretty subdued and should work fine.

Mike

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I’ve had mine a few months now and got to say it’s my favorite of the four Glocks I own. I did replace the trigger with the McMaster Gen 3 mod. Very accurate too.

Ben Karns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 2, 2017
    Covington, LA
    Love mine as well, the full size grip is fantastic and already having 19 holsters laying around it works for me. I am about to custom out my gen 4 19 and the 19x will remain stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If the 19x were opposite of what they made it(17 slide, 19 size grip) I’d already have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If the 19x were opposite of what they made it(17 slide, 19 size grip) I’d already have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"The Long Slide for Glock 19 by Brownells lets you enjoy the benefits of a full-length G17 slide on the compact G19 frame. Extra length gives a longer sight radius for better shot placement, while also aiding in recoil control. The shorter G19 grip is an excellent option for those who carry concealed and have trouble with larger grip "printing" but are OK with the full-size pistol’s longer slide. And it aids shooters with smaller hands who find the full-sized G17 grip cumbersome."

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...ide-for-gen3-glock-19-nitride-prod115607.aspx

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    "The Long Slide for Glock 19 by Brownells lets you enjoy the benefits of a full-length G17 slide on the compact G19 frame. Extra length gives a longer sight radius for better shot placement, while also aiding in recoil control. The shorter G19 grip is an excellent option for those who carry concealed and have trouble with larger grip "printing" but are OK with the full-size pistol’s longer slide. And it aids shooters with smaller hands who find the full-sized G17 grip cumbersome."

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...ide-for-gen3-glock-19-nitride-prod115607.aspx

If you have a Gen 5 G17 and Gen 5 G19 you can swap slides and see what you like best.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom