Glock 17 G4 - Stock MOS vs Aftermarket

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I will likely be buying a new G17 in the near future. This will be a "working" gun. It won't be for precision shooting and I'm not interested in looks. I'm fine with plain looking. At some point, I will be adding a red dot. I can get the G4 MOS for about 70-80 more than I can get the standard G4. The cheapest cut slide I can find is the Brownells at about $200. So, at minimum, I'm looking at spending $120 more if I wait and upgrade the slide later. And that goes up if I upgrade the slide upgrade. My question is this: given the function I'm looking to get out of the gun, what am I getting for the money from going with Brownells or Zev or Grey Ghost or Lone Wolf or whoever that I wouldn't get from the Glock slide?

Note: I wouldn't ordinarily have an issue with building the gun to keep from paying twice for a part but I can get a gun a blue label pricing and come in a bit under the cost to build.

Blaize

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2016
    Saint amant
    Primary Machine in Morgan City does a fantastic milling job. There was a thread here last week or so discussing it. Price and turnaround time are very reasonable.

I just had a G34 done and will be going back to have a few more done. The refinish they did on the slide is better than factory.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    The milled slides and zev slides have the RMR sit lower which make it easier to cowitness than the MOS glocks. I own both a MOS and a Zev. If we ever happen to both be in the same city, I would be willing to meet up for you to try both.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom