Where do you like to shop for fierarms & accessories?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    I’m always traveling all across louisiana and really enjoy browsing small busniness gun stores, looking to see who has what and what their prices are like. Problem is it’s hard to find them sometimes. My favorites would have to be thompson creek sporting goods in Jackson or lafayette shooters. Tony at Thompson creek always has a great selection of firearms and oddball accessories that you usually have to order online not to mention the damn good prices that come with them. Lafayette shooters has such a wide variety of products you’re almost always bound to find what you’re looking for. Me being into long range shooting their scope selection, steel targets, and reloading accessories it makes it worth the 45 minute drive from where I live. So what’s your favorite store to visit or who in your opinion has the best selection around your area?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Interstate Guns in Hammond has a good selection of firearms and accessories. Also a sponsor here.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Wouldn’t say it’s my favorite place to shop, but Jim’s in Baton Rouge probably has the largest selection of pistols that I’ve seen locally

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Wouldn’t say it’s my favorite place to shop, but Jim’s in Baton Rouge probably has the largest selection of pistols that I’ve seen locally

If you do not know what you want to purchase Jim's is a good place to look at firearms before you purchase elsewhere.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Hate to say it but Texas has much better prices across the board. I've been working in East Texas for 4 months. I've hit all the big box stores, Pawn shops, and small independent stores in the area. I've even checked prices online of some of our site supporters while standing in a small shop in Texas.
    350 dollars less on a DD Ar15 is a considerable difference.
    I'm not bashing the local guys, but why is East Texad so much cheaper than Hammond or Baton Rouge ??

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Hate to say it but Texas has much better prices across the board. I've been working in East Texas for 4 months. I've hit all the big box stores, Pawn shops, and small independent stores in the area. I've even checked prices online of some of our site supporters while standing in a small shop in Texas.
    I'm not bashing the local guys, but why is East Texad so much cheaper than Hammond or Baton Rouge ??

Give us some Texas quotes on Gen 5 Glocks, HK VP9's, S&W M&P2 9mm pistols.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Interstate is good. Jim’s does have a big selection of things but prices are not great. St Bernard Range has a decent holster selection. Sadly, selection in most stores is not good. Online ends up having most of not all you need.

D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    Interstate is good. Jim’s does have a big selection of things but prices are not great. St Bernard Range has a decent holster selection. Sadly, selection in most stores is not good. Online ends up having most of not all you need.
    I try to stay away from Jim’s. Yes they have a good selection but their prices tend to be 100 if not more dollars than most other places I can go to.

D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    I’m in and out of east texas as well. I’m with JBP55 what’s the prices looking like over there. What’s some good shops to stop in at?

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I’m always traveling all across louisiana and really enjoy browsing small busniness gun stores, looking to see who has what and what their prices are like. Problem is it’s hard to find them sometimes. My favorites would have to be thompson creek sporting goods in Jackson or lafayette shooters. Tony at Thompson creek always has a great selection of firearms and oddball accessories that you usually have to order online not to mention the damn good prices that come with them. Lafayette shooters has such a wide variety of products you’re almost always bound to find what you’re looking for. Me being into long range shooting their scope selection, steel targets, and reloading accessories it makes it worth the 45 minute drive from where I live. So what’s your favorite store to visit or who in your opinion has the best selection around your area?

+1 on Lafayette Shooters. Also Daves Gun Shop is worth a visit. They have a good selection of new guns, and more used/C&R guns than anybody else.

Just off I-10
    Acadiana Gunworks, Scott LA. Small shop, nice folks, gunsmith on facility.
    Bullets & Bows, Rayne LA. Nice folks, did not raise prices during 2013.

Just off Hwy 90
    Bucks, Fins, and Feathers, just South of Broussard LA. You have to get off 90 in the worst of the construction zones. You may want to wait a couple of years for that stop.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    I’m in and out of east texas as well. I’m with JBP55 what’s the prices looking like over there. What’s some good shops to stop in at?

I'll go again this week and get names and phone numbers.
    I dont think telling you the shop in the square across from the lady that makes good pizza will help yall. Or the welding supply shop down on right before hotel. I was kinda shocked to see a welding and safty supply company sell suppressors and NFA items.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Hey D, Give me a shout when your in my area.

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    Firearms - Nick's Shooting Range and Jefferson Gun Outlet are my primary go to for firearms.
    Mostly Nick's at this time due to having the best prices, not a large selection but can typically get what you want in a day of so. At least everything that I have wanted.

Accessories - it depends. Online and local shops, I do try to stay with the local shops when I can.

Reloading - Bullets and Powder come from LA Gun & Reloading.
    Primers - Online = as much as I would like to get them from local shops, prices online even with shipping and hazmat charge is still much cheaper than the local shop. Sorry guys.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Firearms - Nick's Shooting Range and Interstate Guns are my favorites for firearms.
    Nick's usually has the best prices, not a large selection but can typically get what you want in a day of so.

Accessories - Online and local shops, I do try to stay with the local shops when I can.

Reloading - Powder and reloading accessories LA Gun & Reloading.
    Bullets - Local pickup at Bayou bullets for Hi-Tek coated, and Precision Delta for Jacketed.
    Primers - Online

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Nick's and Jefferson Gun.

Accessories? I wish someone in Metairie had a good holster selection... St Bernard Indoor seems to have the widest selection but its not exactly convenient.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Gretna Gun is my FAV! Hehehehe :mamoru:

With that being said I cant order you half of the **** in store that is available online outside of our distributors. It aint easy being mom n pops. So yes I am also a online shopper; many times they are even cheaper than dealer cost. You gotta BOLO for those kinda deals though.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    I usually shop online when I know what I need or brick & mortar at:

St Bernard Indoor Shooting Center
    212 Aycock St
    Arabi, Louisiana 70032

Top Bottom