Ruger PC Carbine 9mm Take Down

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I handled one at a gun shop 3 weeks ago. Way too heavy, felt like it was pounds more than an ar carbine. The weight makes the takedown feature redundant, not pack friendly at all. That it takes glock mags is nice, but i really have to be wow-ed by a pcc and i was not at all impressed. Rugers tend to feel like bricks to me, compared to the competition.

gcab985

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Raceland, LA
    I purchased one about three weeks ago. It is heavy, weighing 7lb 4oz with a red-dod and no magazine. I have only shot around 50 rounds of Federal and some handloads. I am planning to compare the bullet speeds to that of a pistol. I was shooting at a target mounted on a box with about 5 inches of magazines and an ar500 plate behind them to be sure to stop the bullets. The bullets spattered after going through the magazines and the spatter cut the sides of the box in half. I only recovered a couple of bullets somewhat intact.
    I like the takedown feature because it makes cleaning so much easier.
    I believe that I am going to be very happy with this gun.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I bought one back in February. Great shooting rifle and I like it a lot better than an AR 9mm .From reports that I have seen, the velocity boost in the carbine is around 200fps faster than the pistol depending on the load. Velocity boost may be greater using Doubletap, Buffalo Bore, or Underwood ammo.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I typically reload 9mm with 124 gr JHPs from Precision Delta. I have bought some 147 gr JFP bullets to try out. I shot them in my VP9 and they worked well. I like the Ruger PCC a lot. An AR-9 seems like it's just another AR. Nothing different. JP rifles are very nice but I am not sure I want to spend that much.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The extra weight is what kept me from buying one of the first run back in the early 90’s. My bud bought one in 40 S&W. Damn thing felt like 9 pounds. Not sure where all the weight came from, but there’s no reason for a pistol caliber carbine to have as much steel as it must take to weigh that much. I did enjoy shooting it but preferred my marlin camp carbine

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Beretta’s CX4 is good to me. They’re starting to get a little scarce, I’m reading due to Beretta busy filling military and police contracts. I’d recommend the 92 mag well version over the PX4 type due to cheaper, more plentiful and easier to find 30 round mags. I had to order a new mag release and mag well insert to convert mine but it was cheap and easy enough. A tad over 6 pounds

2b82fe891cfa7c2ffcf6ce46e1314bf9.jpg

Last edited:

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    A 6 pound PCC in 7.62 x 25 would be very nice! Actually a keltec sub2000 in 7.62 x 25 would be incredible...

I have a "dog" M1 carbine that I am thinking of converting to 7.62x25. I want to use PPS43 magazines. Just another back burner thing.

Al

Top Bottom