Join BayouShooter For Free
Interstate Guns

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Model 94 30-30 value?

I've got the opportunity to buy this rifle. I have no idea as to value. Does have surface rust on it. Bore looks good. Scope mount is solid. It's a cheap Tasco scope. Wood is pretty much as it should be for a old hunting rifle. Any ideas? Inter webz isn5 much help

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oppsImissed; June 13th, 2018 at 09:45 AM.
    """ When Donnie speaks, listen! I Do! """

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

250.00 rust kills another 100.00 for it, scope is of no value,Would have been 350.00 rifle without the rust.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    250.00 rust kills another 100.00 for it, scope is of no value,Would have been 350.00 rifle without the rust.
    Thanks. I figured it was of low value. His asking price is below what you stated.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oppsImissed View Post
    Thanks. I figured it was of low value. His asking price is below what you stated.
    Jump on it, If not pm me the sellers info......lol
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Jump on it, If not pm me the sellers info......lol
    Too late. Its mine.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oppsImissed View Post
    Too late. Its mine.
    Plus 10,000, Have fun with it and post a few pictures if you decide to refinish it!

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Based on the serial number, this gun dates to the late 1970's. If you got it for under $250, then you're doing very well indeed.

Mike
    Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

175 bucks. Cant wait to clean it up.

Marksman

User Info Menu

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...-prod1072.aspx
    Clean it well. Clean it with rubbing alky. Stick it in sun and get it hot. Rub with a cotton ball. Clean with 0000 steel wool and replete. Keep doing it till it is dark. Then Oil
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2BI6hF0vZA
    Mine came out way better than his did
    Last edited by 340six; June 14th, 2018 at 12:31 AM.

No sir, I ain't.

User Info Menu

Great deal.

I'd scrub the rust off with some frontier .45 and use it.... Change the scope or put an iron sight like a Williams.

Those guns look good with patina.
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.