Premium price for used Glocks?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I am not a real cop but get to play one on Bayoushooter! Son do you know why I Pulled your post over? No! Well, the Right turn signal was out. ...............................................I mean the location was not in ya signature, you did not post a picture, or price Damit! Fix it before the internet blows up and we all die!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    GovX will get you better prices :D

I've had an account with them for a little while but their "save ##%" brought the MSRP down to what a lot of other places were selling it for. So I rarely went there. But after the posts here, I went back and looked at them. I may place an order this weekend. They're running an extra 10% off a good bit of things and some are on my wish list.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am not a real cop but get to play one on Bayoushooter! Son do you know why I Pulled your post over? No! Well, the Right turn signal was out. ...............................................I mean the location was not in ya signature, you did not post a picture, or price Damit! Fix it before the internet blows up and we all die!

I'm sorry. Can I please just have a warning? And with all the mod bashing and personal attacks on this site, don't you have something better to do with your time?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not trying to be argumentative but how are they overrated if they always do what they were designed to do?
    I’ve yet to hear of a gun that always anything. Not trying to start a fuss either. They just are. Overrated. As many as there are in production they are almost the AR 15 of handguns. For people to expect a new price for their used one is ridiculous.
    I’m not exactly a Kimber fan either, but understand why they fetch a high price and hold their value so well.
    Just voicing my opinion. That’s as far as I will go to justify that.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’ve yet to hear of a gun that always anything. Not trying to start a fuss either. They just are. Overrated. As many as there are in production they are almost the AR 15 of handguns. For people to expect a new price for their used one is ridiculous.
    I’m not exactly a Kimber fan either, but understand why they fetch a high price and hold their value so well.

That's fine. I was just curious if that label was based on fact or opinion. I got my answer and won't press further. Thanks.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell

Kimber are not holding their price well... Not like they used to. I guess the kool aid wore off?

Glocks are glocks. I bought all of mine around the 400 dollar mark, lightly used. No GSSF or other deals, just from BS members. I made offers and arranged acceptable meets. All of the sellers seemed to be happy.

If an item appears to be overpriced, then pass over it. If you really want it, make the seller an offer. No need to beat a dead horse!

ramsey6199

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    No horses were harmed in the making of this thread. This was just a realization that I stumbled upon, while looking at the market of used pistols. I just happened to notice the prices were all over the place for glocks. Most of the used ones were priced at or even over what new ones were going for. Several FFL dealers I was speaking with, came to that same conclusion. Apparently it seems others here are noticing the same pattern. I purchase new through blue label options, when I am in the market for a Glock or Sig. Some models are not currently eligible for that program, so I look toward the used offerings.
    If you don't like the post, the same advice you have given can easily be applied here. No need to beat a dead horse, pass over it and carry on about your day.

Kimber are not holding their price well... Not like they used to. I guess the kool aid wore off?

Glocks are glocks. I bought all of mine around the 400 dollar mark, lightly used. No GSSF or other deals, just from BS members. I made offers and arranged acceptable meets. All of the sellers seemed to be happy.

If an item appears to be overpriced, then pass over it. If you really want it, make the seller an offer. No need to beat a dead horse!

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I like this old boy. My first Glock. Got a good deal on it and guess what, soft aftermarket trigger, steel sights and even had the grip plug. Nowhere near the new price. Police trade ins can be better deals than you would think
    74e7ff2167ec93ff964bd29f679cbb26.heic

9536a606ac64dd6809ddc0b8823b7140.heic
    6992fd07c95f12582a84e4f3697dd072.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaize

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2016
    Saint amant
    Magdump thats a sweet G22! I recently aquired a nicely worn in G22 myself. Took it straight from the counter at Nicks to the firing line and proceeded to drill 5 shots in one ragged hole at 7 yds.

I couldnt get over how good that old raggedy looking thing ran! Its gonna make a sweet limited gun with some more mags, dawson sights and a magwell!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    One of the interesting things about used police Glocks is the occasional custom serial number. NOPD's Glocks, at least the older G22's have NO###PD serial serial numbers.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I don't know. Have they upgraded to one of the later generations? I may call the range and ask about it if I think about it during the day.

Those G3 22’s were purchased while I was in the academy in July of 98. I doubt the city bought them guys and gals new guns.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    That wouldn't surprise me. Or if they did, they're sitting in some office somewhere like the new vehicles sat on the roof of headquarters for so long.

The old hide the new units on the top of headquarters trick is so old. I’m sure the sign going into the garage telling you to turn on your headlights and remove your sunglasses is still there.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Magdump thats a sweet G22! I recently aquired a nicely worn in G22 myself. Took it straight from the counter at Nicks to the firing line and proceeded to drill 5 shots in one ragged hole at 7 yds.

I couldnt get over how good that old raggedy looking thing ran! Its gonna make a sweet limited gun with some more mags, dawson sights and a magwell!
    Thanks brother, I was a fan of the show if anyone remembers it. I have a few stamped duty weapons from all over but that one’s a favorite.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    What is a Gen 3 Glock 22 with 5 mags and the plastic box worth? Asking for a friend.............

The .40 Glocks are being dropped by many LEA's and there is a surplus of used ones and the prices are dropping rapidly.
    Having said that not knowing the condition/round count of your friends pistol probably in the $350 $375 range.

Top Bottom