Best conceal carry gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Your article makes no mention of the ammunition issues with the standard XM1152 *ball* rounds used most often in service. It only mentions *The MHS meets, or exceeds, all safety and operational requirements with XM1153 jacketed hollow point ammunition for which it is optimized.* The article I posted acknowledged that as well. Your article also does not address the trigger issue that arose after the trigger was upgraded. And your article doesn't mention that the live round ejection was addressed, only that it was reported. So of the 3 issues I quoted in my previous post, your article addressed none of them.

I am not the author, but the article concludes that Sig and the Army are addressing issues with a series of upgrades. Whatever your point is here, downgrading the P320, the Army is continuing to buy from Sig and the P320 is a damned good sidearm for the money.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am not the author, but the article concludes that Sig and the Army are addressing issues with a series of upgrades. Whatever your point is here, downgrading the P320, the Army is continuing to buy from Sig and the P320 is a damned good sidearm for the money.

"Your article" was to distinguish between the two articles. I know you're no the author. At no point did I have even consider the remote possibility you wrote the actual published article.

If the Army's desire to save money results in the issue of a sidearm that can't reliably function with standard ammunition, it's far from a good sidearm for the money. It's great to say "but it can shoot the special ammo." But very few people who have experienced the pains of getting supplies while in a combat zone would look at that as acceptable. But I do hope they address and fix all the issues. I hope Sig is able to transform the sidearm they have now into the sidearm you believe it to be.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    6fcfcbeca69c5e6cb1b8eb78cd2e4764.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Kudos for trouser snakes, clips, hi-pernts, manufacturer bashing and all the other around-the-world comments - makes the thread enjoyable.

I've tried various makes and models for concealed carry. Some worked and some didn't, but I think the main point is to experiment and find something you are comfortable with and that works for your lifestyle and your clothing choices. MY favorite is a Sig p238 in pocket carry but I'm leaning toward trying a Sig p938 just to have an upgrade from the .380 to 9mm.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Many on here forget the Glock 22 problems. We were issued the Glock 22 and found it would malfunction with an attached weapon light. Glock replaced all the frames and remedied the problem but judging by this we should have went with another company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    This post is just like the old days James. If you wonder who I am are you still enjoying the desk? ;)

I really enjoyed it prior to the flood but lost it with all my other furniture. I paid off my house a year before the flood and cancelled my flood insurance.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Many on here forget the Glock 22 problems. We were issued the Glock 22 and found it would malfunction with an attached weapon light. Glock replaced all the frames and remedied the problem but judging by this we should have went with another company.

If I recall, that was actually a problem with the magazine spring not being strong enough to cycle the next round. The attached light would reduce the frame's ability to flex, and the physics were just right to cause stoppages with the stock magazine spring. I believe going to a stronger mag spring (+1 coil) would solve the problem.

Mike

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Some LEA's had no issues once they learned not to overtighten the light. Zero Issues with one local Agency with WML on Gen 3 9mm and .40 Glocks.
    More than 10 years old and still in service.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If I recall, that was actually a problem with the magazine spring not being strong enough to cycle the next round. The attached light would reduce the frame's ability to flex, and the physics were just right to cause stoppages with the stock magazine spring. I believe going to a stronger mag spring (+1 coil) would solve the problem.

Mike

They replaced our frames.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Some LEA's had no issues once they learned not to overtighten the light. Zero Issues with one local Agency with WML on Gen 3 9mm and .40 Glocks.
    More than 10 years old and still in service.

I knew that would get a response from you Mr James LOL

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I will probably wind up sending one to Primary Machine.

I was thinking the same. They have been highly recommended to me.

Top Bottom