Best conceal carry gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    You want to go and try a few to see what best suits you. Once you settle on a gun, you can have Will in Walker make you a holster for it. Silk Kydex Holsters is his business. I currently carry a Sig P365 as my EDC but I also carry my M&P Shield .45, or my G19 depending on where I'm going. If I'm going to work through the 9th ward I carry two Glocks, a G19 on me and a G17 MOS in the console. You are welcome to come try all of mine, I'll be at Nicks in Garyville Thursday. I can let you try at least 8.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Looks like you are in Holden near BR. You could always head over to FRC Range in BR and rent some different pistols they have. They have a excellent selection on rental guns. First class facility and staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Go by FRC first and see if you like any of what they have to rent. If you don't, or if you just want to try out some more models, head to precision firearms and see if they have some different handguns for rent. Each gun you try will cost you a little bit of money, I'm guessing about $5 rental fee. But some places will credit the rental fees toward the purchase of a firearm.

What are your thoughts on where you want to carry? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Where would be most likely to carry? You don't have to answer those questions but the answers all play a part in the gun you can carry. Inside the waistband, Appendix inside the waistband, outside the waistband, ankle (not usually recommended), pocket (also not frequently recommended). It would be better to carry the largest handgun you can reliably conceal. The larger the handgun, the easier it is to effectively place followup shots and the more rounds you can have at your disposal.

Comfort comes at least second. Comfort will come as you get used to carrying. I used to carry an ankle holster with a Glock 42 for a backup to my duty pistol. At first, it felt strange to have a tight band around my ankle. But as I got used to it, I'd forgot it was there. In fact, I got so used to it, it felt stranger if I left the house without it than with it. But I don't think many people, myself included, would say an ankle holster is a good choice for a primary weapon.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You want to go and try a few to see what best suits you. Once you settle on a gun, you can have Will in Walker make you a holster for it. Silk Kydex Holsters is his business. I currently carry a Sig P365 as my EDC but I also carry my M&P Shield .45, or my G19 depending on where I'm going. If I'm going to work through the 9th ward I carry two Glocks, a G19 on me and a G17 MOS in the console. You are welcome to come try all of mine, I'll be at Nicks in Garyville Thursday. I can let you try at least 8.

Two is one. One is none.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

That's my usual response when someone asks me about having a handgun in their house. Or their car. I work in law enforcement so I know how true that statement really is. Call the operator, the operator starts typing it in, the screen is echoed to the dispatcher, it there's not something else going on right then, the dispatcher puts the call out over the air, any officer who is clear or can clear responds, drive time to the location.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Any Glock. Period. Don’t rust, shoots under water, never malfunctions, no fingerprints left on gun, won’t set off metal detectors, and will be worth more used than new on most shooting web sites classified sections. The G19 does all that and more.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Any Glock. Period. Don’t rust, shoots under water, never malfunctions, no fingerprints left on gun, won’t set off metal detectors, and will be worth more used than new on most shooting web sites classified sections. The G19 does all that and more.

FTW!!!

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

But seriously, I was gonna say, the biggest one you can shove down the front of your pants and holds the most bullets in the clip...and nothing less than 9mm

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    FTW!!!

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl:

But seriously, I was gonna say, the biggest one you can shove down the front of your pants and holds the most bullets in the clip...and nothing less than 9mm

I didn't know pistols had "clips" I thought they had magazines? You aren't a newbie you shouldn't use the word "clip", only people that don't know proper nomenclature says "clips" HeHe

Ben Karns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 2, 2017
    Covington, LA
    Conceal carry is a personal evolution process in my opinion. When you are first starting out there isn't 1 gun to rule them all for carry. Yes you will develop that as time goes but only with actually carrying and shooting. That doesn't mean that you'll only be carrying one pistol, there different opinions on that too.

You can do enough research to get you started and realize what works and doesn't work for you. Carry position, holster, clothes, lifestyle, all come into play.

Try as much as you can and embrace the fact that you will buy more things as you evolve and your mind may change on certain topics, that's ok. Get training and shoot as much as you can. Here are a few absolutes IMO

More capacity is always better, if its not comfortable and concealable you won't carry, you will think everyone thinks you have a gun but they don't actually have a clue.

These seem to be the most popular carry pistols by brand in no particular order...you can see the most popular models with a little research.

Striker fired semi autos here - Smith and wesson, glock, sig, cz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    People that walk around with a snake wrapped around their neck scare me. Most thugs will not mess with a man walking around with a snake on them. Just a thought. Pocket full of mice and a crazy look on your face, you will not be messed with.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The best gun for concealed carry is training. The gear masturbators will argue all day long about whether the Glock is better than the Smith & Wesson or the Beretta or whatever, but training is going to be the differentiator between being able to safely use your weapon in a panic situation, or just being a danger to yourself and everyone else.

My other rule is that I don't carry anything that I haven't put at least a thousand rounds of ammo through. In any panic situation, your muscle memory is what you'll default to ... and in the absence of that, you run the risk of becoming a viral "how not to handle a firearm" YouTube video.

Mike

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    People that walk around with a snake wrapped around their neck scare me. Most thugs will not mess with a man walking around with a snake on them. Just a thought. Pocket full of mice and a crazy look on your face, you will not be messed with.
    So how long before we see " No snakes allowed " signage ? And the whole concealed snakes thing is going to be a real hoot if you know where I'm coming from .

Top Bottom