Shipping a firearm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I shipped a barreled action to a manufacturer for some work. I didn't need to go through a FFL because, I assumed, they have a FFL. They called today and said they were finished with the work and shipping it back. They are shipping it directly to me. I thought they would have had to ship it to a FFL, since it has a serial number.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have only sent 4. 2 were sent back to the gun manufacturers.for recall. One was for failure to feed. One for total rebuild service at Ruger . All were picked up at my door with a call tag. Oh make that 5. Colt custom shop did work for me I sent it my self fed ex. They do not have to be sent to who made it. Can be sent to a service center Gun Smith. Fed Ex UPS will do pistol and rifles. USPS will only do rifle if the sender is non FFL

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I shipped a barreled action to a manufacturer for some work. I didn't need to go through a FFL because, I assumed, they have a FFL. They called today and said they were finished with the work and shipping it back. They are shipping it directly to me. I thought they would have had to ship it to a FFL, since it has a serial number.

Nope no ffl for sending guns in for repair by the manufacture. I shipped my P320 in to Sig and it came back to my house. Only thing you have to do is have an adult home to sign for it. FedEx will not leave it on your porch. If you were sending a gun to a buddy out of state you would need an FFL to recieve on the other end, but I don't know about the actual shipping. I assume you need an FFL on both ends, but IDK for sure. Alternatively if the manufactuer decided to give you a new gun because they could not repair your barreled action then it would have been shipped to an FFL for you to pick it up.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Nope no ffl for sending guns in for repair by the manufacture. I shipped my P320 in to Sig and it came back to my house. Only thing you have to do is have an adult home to sign for it. FedEx will not leave it on your porch. If you were sending a gun to a buddy out of state you would need an FFL to recieve on the other end, but I don't know about the actual shipping. I assume you need an FFL on both ends, but IDK for sure.
    Alternatively if the manufactuer decided to give you a new gun because they could not repair your barreled action then it would have been shipped to an FFL for you to pick it up.

If your firearm is replaced under warranty it will be shipped directly to you.

Walter P

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    I had a Ruger 10/22 Talo takedown sent back for warranty service because it kept jamming ejected rounds. Ruger sent it back to me. Still jammed, and I noticed an alignment defect and had to send it back again.
    Ruger confirmed what I found and had to replace the rifle. They had to send it to an FFL, because it had a different serial number I was told. Thankfully the FFL I use did not charge me.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I had a remington rifle disappear in transit back to me after repairs from Remington and they shipped a new rifle right to my door. Only problem I had was with the feds calling and visiting me wanting to know how I did it [steal the rifle].

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    When repaired or replaced they have been known to send back directly to the original owner unless you had an FFL send it off for you.

Top Bottom