adding items to trust options

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    ok fellas I have read a few things on this and was wondering whats the easiest route.. I have a trust set up, with 2 trusties, My wife and my BFFF:mamoru: I have 8 items on it now and the last item I added was kinda a hassle with my wife having to go the the jail to get printed( my god you would think I asked her for the world lol) and my buddy having to get printed and pics and all papers together to submit to atf, was approved with no issue.. Now im looking to sbr another gun and have heard of options about remove them off of trust with simple paper work, apply for stamp then put them back on paperwork, or file individual, or file with "temp" trust then add it back to my trust. IDK whats the easiest route.. I do know my wife isn't hip on going back to Livingston parish lock up and going through general population again for finger prints, she said the guards were very nice at making them shut up but of course she had on yoga paints and a tight shirt ect ect, she didn't expect to have to go inside the jail.. lol, yep im still hearing about that, any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I would talk to a NFA attorney about it but I would think doing a temp trust would require a transfer of ownership with requisite ATF involvement again to get it from the temp to the real trust.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Who set up your trust? I have one set up by Joseph Cataldie and it start out as me and 3 other people. I never got around to adding anything before the law changed. So when I decided to get some NFA items, I asked him a similar question. He sent me a form to remove a person from a trust. I filled out 3 copies and brought them to a notary. She notarized it and I started buying NFA items. They are now part of the trust paperwork I submit. I've gotten one form 4 approved and I'm waiting on another one to come back. Rumor has it if those forms are ever lost, the removed parties are now back on the trust. But "they" have a copy of the trust so "they" know the forms exist.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    yea joey did mine, I sent him a email asking him whats the best option I got... that's kinda what I was thinking, I mean if im only gonna do one item now, I guess its just as easy for them to do prints/pics, but if I plan on doing several more ill drop them then add them back and only do one prints/pics to get back on... idk, im sure joey will clear it up for me

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you go with a store that uses Silencer Shop, they keep all that on file. I believe Interstate Guns has a fingerprint kiosk. And you download an app to take the pictures. Kenny at Meplat in New Orleans has his own machine as well. Again, they show up once and the info is stored.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think some shops may charge $25-30 to get input into the Silencer Shop system if you aren't buying an NFA item from them. So you'd be looking at an additional $65 or so. LSP charges $10 for prints. I don't know what Walgreens or other places charge for pictures. I just printed mine for my 2nd Form 4, which went through a local gun shop. But I agree, the whole tax stamp thing is a money racket. I would be willing to pay some fee, say $500, to submit an application for an extensive background check that would flag my "account" to allow me to buy NFA items without the form 4 wait. They could run a regular NICS check and see the flag and I could walk out the store that date with the item. They could do the same for a Form 1. You go to a gun shop. They could charge a $20 fee for their time and they could call in the Form 1 and get an instant approval.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Talked to Joey, what a help!!$ that dude is awesome, spent 30 mins on the phone with me explaing all options, sounds like easiest is like you mentioned, go to say interstate guns, pay to get me and my trusties in the system with silencer shop, then that's a one stop shop for all other form 1 and 4's , may have to pay $40 nor every time I add somthing to trust but hell, govements getting $200 every time, just assume help the local business also lol

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    I think some shops may charge $25-30 to get input into the Silencer Shop system if you aren't buying an NFA item from them. So you'd be looking at an additional $65 or so. LSP charges $10 for prints. I don't know what Walgreens or other places charge for pictures. I just printed mine for my 2nd Form 4, which went through a local gun shop. But I agree, the whole tax stamp thing is a money racket. I would be willing to pay some fee, say $500, to submit an application for an extensive background check that would flag my "account" to allow me to buy NFA items without the form 4 wait. They could run a regular NICS check and see the flag and I could walk out the store that date with the item. They could do the same for a Form 1. You go to a gun shop. They could charge a $20 fee for their time and they could call in the Form 1 and get an instant approval.

The soul purpose of the National Firearms Act, was to create a bottleneck, and stifle trade of NFA items. It is no different today from in 1934, except the $200 stamp is much more affordable. We should be happy they didn't adjust the tax with inflation, which would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $3500 or so.

Top Bottom