I am Calling American Target in the Morning

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Morning call will be pleasant! It is like calling 1975 :eek3:
    Ring Ring, Hellow How are you? What can we help you with? You tell them. They write it down and ask if you are mailing a check or doing credit card?
    You start to get the feeling they have some of the old papers and the countertop old machine. You know the ones that the card is placed in it. Then slide over ya card and the carbon makes an impression of the card. and has 3 coppies. But since they just have the card #'s they just write then in pen on the papers by hand.
    Kool older laid back guy whole way through the order, 1st rate service and is here in 2-3 days.
    I know it was funny when I gave my brother the phone # as they do not do internet sales. He called did his order. Then says wow it was a time machine! It was like Iwas back in the mid 70's! Now He starts thinging back on how the year 1975 was. It really came back. Of how we used tomdo things.
    When a pleasant experience. Made his day! No being on hold and moved to someone else, they just pick up phone and seel ya want ya want and ship old school.
    Again- No push this for the department. No push this for English! No this is being recorded. Can you stay on the line for a survey on how the call went? How would ya rate the call? How did you find us ect.
    The good old days.

Last edited:

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    One old car parts supplier I deal with, will ship your parts with a bill asking you to add the freight from the front of the box, before mailing a check.

Old school can be really nice.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I buy about 90% of the parts I need to do auto body from local suppliers and know just about every parts guy I deal with by name. It does make that part of the job much nicer, and all of them are competent guys that I can count on to get me the right stuff and shoot straight about availability and delivery times. Nothing worse than someone telling me some BS to try to make me happy when it is 100% wrong...

The auto body industry is pushing to have internet based 3rd party BS placed between me and my part suppliers. They also want me to order stuff from al over the country. I have had way more success using ebay than these 3rd party setups. And if I do order from out of state I end up calling directly and speaking to a live person who is on commission. Usually they are as good as my local guys.

Only time I have to deal with automated BS is when I call an insurance company. And that ruins my day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom