piston conversion kits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dishdog1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2016
    Keithville, la.
    I have a Sabre Defence 5.56 blow-back upper and have been reading about some conversion kits that will change it to a piston driven system. Does anyone have any experience with these kits and how well they work. Not real experienced with working on internals so how much knowledge is needed to do a proper job. Thanks

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I used the Adams Arms kit on a 300 BO build. I'd rate the difficulty moderate for a supersonic load just because of the tools. Get a book or go to the site and download their instructions. Read everything at least twice and then decide for yourself. Subsonic is more challenging. Good luck.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.wideopenspaces.com/ar-15-gas-vs-piston-system/amp/

Some pros and cons to consider. Adams Arms is a great start for a piston kit. I do have one piston driven upper but prefer the proven design of the original direct impengement AR for the lighter weight and ease of maintenance, lower cost, etc. Adjustable gas blocks and different buffer weights have filled any special need I’ve had with any of my AR style rifles.
    Not trying to talk you into or out of anything, but if it’s all new to you, you may want to sift through the possibilities before you let go of big dollars.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Dishdog1,
    I have an Adams conversion that I tried on 300 Blackout, could not get it to work with subsonic loads so I gave up. It's carbine length and I also have their low weight bolt carrier along with the standard carrier. There is a bushing that you will have to get from them, $14, it decided it wanted to stay in the Blackout. If you are going to the Shreveport gun show today I'll have it in the truck. PM me.

Top Bottom