Officer denied food in St.francisville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    It’s better to be denied than spit or otherwise tamper with their food. The officers should file a discrimination lawsuit. What a bunch of low life’s. Next time I’m up there I’m going to ask about it.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    It’s better to be denied than spit or otherwise tamper with their food.

True. The fact that these are the things that we are comparing is a sad commentary on the state of society. When did it become a good thing to be an ass?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It’s better to be denied than spit or otherwise tamper with their food.

This is exactly why I will sometimes call in a to go order rather than go in and order and wait. I'd rather have the food already made before I walk in wearing a badge.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not sure if the owner was just trying to save face but the article implies the deputies weren't the only ones who were the victims of the shenanigans. The owner said the employees were messing with random people going through to drive thru. In other words, it may not have been an anti-cop thing. It may have been an immaturity thing.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Possible...... I'm sure the employees new they were cops as soon as they pulled into the parking lot. Even unmarked units are picked out of the crowd easily. Only way that "random shenanigans" could fly, is if the officers were in POVs... And that wasn't pointed out.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Possible...... I'm sure the employees new they were cops as soon as they pulled into the parking lot. Even unmarked units are picked out of the crowd easily. Only way that "random shenanigans" could fly, is if the officers were in POVs... And that wasn't pointed out.

I would have to disagree. If they were doing the same thing to random people, the fact that one of those people was a deputy, even in a fully marked unit, does not make it an anti-cop thing. If it it were, it would be an anti-cop thing five minutes before the cops drive up when the soccer mom drove through an got messed with.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I was in that location last week I think it's pretty new. I just stopped to use the restroom and didn't get food. But about the time that happened to the LEO's my buddy stopped there to get a burger and they told him they were out of meat.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Happened at the DQ in Hammond a while back. They refused to serve two TPSO deputies. Didn't go over well here. The rich and vibrant person was put on the unemployment list.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    either DQ or Hardees few years ago on Sherwood had someone spit into the officer's food and he discovered it..

mperr7530

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 22, 2013
    Gonzales, LA
    I will probably be alone in this opinion, but unless the franchise agreement did not specifically limit the franchisee's discretion, I support a business owner's right to refuse service to anyone, for anyone reason. This includes a person's chosen profession. This case was likely not a thought out decision, but rather a couple of future tenants of a state correctional facility.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I think a "business owner's right" to refuse service to anyone, for any one reason. It should be that way!
    No, it does not make me happy. Once that is brought to my attention I would not give that store my $. And I would spread the word!
    When the shoe is on the others foot! As far as these so-called protest, they should not be allowed. If some group wants to gather, do like anyone else! Get a permit as that is what is required!
    When we applied we need insurance, security, and paid a permit fee. As well as pay the city or venue for its use And had the time for it to start and to end clearly on the permit.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It was my understanding that the officers were at training in Zachary. Why did they go north to St. Francisville when the parish they live/work out of is south of them?

I'm not doubting what happened by any means, it just seemed odd to me to go north before going south.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    It is still a real Dirt-Bag move to not serve them. I hope that the truth comes out and the general public shows support of the men if warranted
    I am wondering if there is more to it. Has to be someone else who was there

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I live there. I don’t eat fast food but for a while I was working nights. And getting off at 6am working 12 hour shifts it was the only place open on the way home. (We don’t have many places to eat out at there) besides McDonald’s. Anyways the place is a joke with the worst service I’ve ever seen. For the first time in my life I actually called corporate and file a formal complaint and haven’t been back since. So it doesn’t surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom