Officer denied food in St.francisville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I'm not sure if the owner was just trying to save face but the article implies the deputies weren't the only ones who were the victims of the shenanigans. The owner said the employees were messing with random people going through to drive thru. In other words, it may not have been an anti-cop thing. It may have been an immaturity thing.

i work in St Francisville and have heard that they did do it to random people as well. There is a hige movement up there now to boycott that location.

TankGunnar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Regardless of whether the officers were targeted because of their profession or just because they happened to be the next in line for these immature food service workers to harass, it seems to me that the owner of the franchise is now forced to clean up his act or risk losing his franchise. Instead of demanding an apology from the police, he should be the one apologizing and sending out some pink slips starting with the manager on duty when that happened. Crap like this is the reason I rarely eat at fast food establishments anymore unless they are a Cane’s or Chik-Fil-A.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Regardless of whether the officers were targeted because of their profession or just because they happened to be the next in line for these immature food service workers to harass, it seems to me that the owner of the franchise is now forced to clean up his act or risk losing his franchise. Instead of demanding an apology from the police, he should be the one apologizing and sending out some pink slips starting with the manager on duty when that happened. Crap like this is the reason I rarely eat at fast food establishments anymore unless they are a Cane’s or Chik-Fil-A.

From the article linked in the original post:

The owner of the St. Francisville Burger King, Joe Clements of Crown Restaurants, LLC., issued a statement on Friday as well, to WBRZ:
    *I am aware of the incident at the Burger King in St. Francisville involving two Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Deputies not being served. Unfortunately, it also involved other Guests not being served. The actions of these team members do not reflect the values and beliefs of our organization, nor do they reflect the values and beliefs of the Burger King Brand. I have investigated the incident and have determined that certain team members refused service to multiple Guests in our drive thru, including the two Deputies, on that day. As a result, these individuals no longer works for our organization. I have met with Sheriff Falcon of Assumption Parish and expressed my sincere apology for the incident, and I have asked that he extend my apology to the two Deputies. We also extend our apology to any Guests that were inconvenienced as a result of the performance of these employees. Our goal is to provide friendly customer service to all of our customers.*

Was there another article that stated the owner wanted an apology from the deputies?

TankGunnar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sorry, I misread the article. It says he *demanded a retraction.* I don’t think he was in any position to demand a retraction when he should have simply apologized. Demanding the story be retracted is as good as saying that it didn’t happen to the officers, at least in my book. Apologizing with a ‘but’ is no apology at all.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sorry, I misread the article. It says he *demanded a retraction.* I don’t think he was in any position to demand a retraction when he should have simply apologized. Demanding the story be retracted is as good as saying that it didn’t happen to the officers, at least in my book. Apologizing with a ‘but’ is no apology at all.

I believe his argument, and I agree with him, is the actions were not anti-police as it is being portrayed. I missed the part about demanding a retraction. I can't say I agree with that. But he never implied it didn't happen to the deputies. In fact, he stated it did happen to the deputies. He was to make sure the whole truth gets out there, i.e., the actions were not directed toward the deputies because they were law enforcement. He wants the sheriff to acknowledge that this was not an anti-cop incident. While I don't agree with demanding a retraction, I understand what he's doing. His apology should have been sufficient to explain what happened.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    We no longer eat at the BK in Kenner Not that we eat at the other ones.
    But we did at times eat there as it was very close {nothing closer there was a Harddies but it closed}
    They would always pull that they were out of this and that! But service the next person in line! They must have found what we wanted as soon as next in line was there?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I stop at the one in Denham Spring close to I-12 they are pretty good and give me a good Veteran discount. I was at the one in Zachary and asked about the Veteran discount. She didn't know what a Vet was.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Not trying to keep this going but here's an example of why he wanted a retraction. When I don't have an audiobook going, I listen to 98.1. They had a segment this morning where they talked about the incident. No mention of the owner's statement. No mention of the other customers. The story was presented with the anti-police angle. The workers refused to serve the sheriff deputies. That was all that was presented. Now, do you feel leaving out the other details accurately reflects what really happened at the establishment?

Rivens81

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 11, 2018
    New Orleans Louisiana
    I have something to add to this. There's a reason why cops down south are hated and i experienced it first hand.
    Last year a female friend stole my car. I put a warrant out for her, found the car got it back, went to the 6th district station to see about removing that warrant (stupid of me to think it was that easy) and they arrested me on the spot. Apparently this pretty girl had convinced a cop that she had paid me for the car. Eventually all charges were dropped, but how I was treated!! I went to the police station with my mother the day before Christmas. They wouldn't even let me say bye to her as they took me away. They were rude and just rough with me as if i was some kind of criminal. Im the easiest going happy-go-lucky law abiding citizen that contributes greatly to our society as a business owner and philanthropist and was treated like pure garbage. I lost tons of respect for where my hard earned tax dollars are going.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have something to add to this. There's a reason why cops down south are hated and i experienced it first hand.
    Last year a female friend stole my car. I put a warrant out for her, found the car got it back, went to the 6th district station to see about removing that warrant (stupid of me to think it was that easy) and they arrested me on the spot. Apparently this pretty girl had convinced a cop that she had paid me for the car. Eventually all charges were dropped, but how I was treated!! I went to the police station with my mother the day before Christmas. They wouldn't even let me say bye to her as they took me away. They were rude and just rough with me as if i was some kind of criminal. Im the easiest going happy-go-lucky law abiding citizen that contributes greatly to our society as a business owner and philanthropist and was treated like pure garbage. I lost tons of respect for where my hard earned tax dollars are going.

Hmmm, you would be surprised how many times in 20yrs I’ve heard this same “friend” story. Usually there is way more to the “friend” arrangement. Just because charges were dropped doesn’t mean you were arrested under false pretenses. Maybe you can post a copy of the police report, I’d love to read it. Or just let us know what agency it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

It's highly unlikely she could simply convince the police without offering any documentation to back up her claim. If you reported the car stolen under false pretenses, you violated Louisiana Revised Statute 14:133, Filing False Police Records. If you named a specific person and especially if they were arrested based on those false pretenses, you provided false statements concerning denial of her constitutional rights. And with a Stay Away order issued, it would appear there are details to the story that were not mentioned that may be relevant.

And it was a week before Christmas (12/18/2017), not the day before. And you appeared in front of Judge Buras on 12/19/2017 and he issued an ROR. And it looks like the issue had been going on for a while. It appears the $2000 bond was set on 11/18/2017. I'd guess a bond was set when a warrant was obtained.

BTW, Orleans Parish Criminal District Court records are public information. You can go to opcso.org and click on Docket Master.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    It's highly unlikely she could simply convince the police without offering any documentation to back up her claim. If you reported the car stolen under false pretenses, you violated Louisiana Revised Statute 14:133, Filing False Police Records. If you named a specific person and especially if they were arrested based on those false pretenses, you provided false statements concerning denial of her constitutional rights. And with a Stay Away order issued, it would appear there are details to the story that were not mentioned that may be relevant.

And it was a week before Christmas (12/18/2017), not the day before. And you appeared in front of Judge Buras on 12/19/2017 and he issued an ROR. And it looks like the issue had been going on for a while. It appears the $2000 bond was set on 11/18/2017. I'd guess a bond was set when a warrant was obtained.

BTW, Orleans Parish Criminal District Court records are public information. You can go to opcso.org and click on Docket Master.

:D:hi5:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Damn, it’s like I’m psychic. Thanks for clearing it up. I see that the post he made was one of his first few, I bet he’s going to be a joy around here in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA

Boom
    Yes indeed. Love it
    :rofl:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sorry to hear. How’s that lawsuit going?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom