Question? AR9: Novelty or Reliable weapon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell
    I thought folks loaded 147gr for them?

147gr is the most common load for a Sub-Machine gun and is a very effective round out of any carbine, but 115 is the most common and usually cheapest 9mm ammo easily/commonly available and is still very effective in any carbine.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The Extar AP9 looks good, would not mind getting my hands on one. I really like the Extar 223 pistol, light and shoot well.
    I shot the 223 a couple campouts back and was impressed. Almost zero recoil. I don’t know how they did that. I’ve owned the AP-9 for a couple months now and love it. Shoots like a dream with no problems. Glock mags, extremely light weight, came with a nice brace to my FFL for $439 direct from Extar. I swapped out the trigger for a good honed and polished mil spec and some JP yellow springs, a cheap red dot and now I’m blowing through my 9mm ammo stores. Barrel is 1/2x28 threaded...
    Oh, did I mention they’re about to release 10 auto and .45 auto models? Yeah..

e8e8d72a259b166e430a1f07e3301c9b.jpg

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Dead is dead. A double tap at 4 feet with an AR9 and 147 HP will get the bad guy there.

Al

All with no Hear Pro if you are shooting suppressed as well. I shot mine supressed the other day with 147gr ball and HP and all you heard was the action and spring no muzzle noise what so ever. It was Hollywood quiet.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    https://youtu.be/Aze98Rq2JeA

https://youtu.be/pim8CiENqIY

This guy is gonna get in trouble shooting that gun like that in the video..
    Seriously, very honest review except they’re 3.8 POUNDS not ounces.
    Anyway, for anyone wanting a 9mm pcc this is a great and affordable start.
    Can’t wait for that 10 auto version!

3.8 ounces....shoulder firing on youtube for the whole world to see. Looks pretty cool.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    3.8 ounces....shoulder firing on youtube for the whole world to see. Looks pretty cool.

Yeah, I’m actually proud of him because I’d also have the nonchalant attitude of shouldering that weapon. Ludicrous for a ABC agency to think they can dictate how I hold a weapon. Maybe I’ll write them a letter and ask if it’s legal to smoke a cigarette left handed...

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    I have an AR9 sbr setup with two uppers, one suppressed and one not. We shoot the **** out of them. My wife and son shoot the unsuppressed upper at uspsa and 3gun matches. I use the suppressed upper for nutria killin and just plain fun. I've never had a jam shooting it myself but my wife and son have had a couple. Most of the time its user error (I have caught them loading rounds into the mag backwards lol)

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Hi-Point is not my thing but if everyone liked/had the same thing this world would be way less interesting.

I have a Marlin Camp 9 that is now mothballed since I buitl my AR9. I like the Camp 9 but the AR is way more fun to shoot seeing as it can have a can on it.

Top Bottom