Happy 4th and Bono's "Idea of America" Speech

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I hope all had a good 4th of July holiday.
    This surprised me when I heard Michael Berry read this during his Thursday broadcast. With the negativity pushed by the media and the polarization we could all use some positive energy. Keep America Great Again.

Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Respect. Props to Bono and thanks for posting

*Look, America is like the best idea the world ever came up with,* the U2 frontman told CBS Thursday in an interview broadcast Tuesday. *But Donald Trump is potentially the worst idea that ever happened to America. Potentially.*

The singer said he believes that the business mogul is making America "dangerous" again, the opposite of what Trump claims he can do with his slogan: 'Make America Great Again'.

The politically-minded musician said that Trump as president could have devastating effects on the rest of the world, not just his home country.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    *Look, America is like the best idea the world ever came up with,* the U2 frontman told CBS Thursday in an interview broadcast Tuesday. *But Donald Trump is potentially the worst idea that ever happened to America. Potentially.*

The singer said he believes that the business mogul is making America "dangerous" again, the opposite of what Trump claims he can do with his slogan: 'Make America Great Again'.

The politically-minded musician said that Trump as president could have devastating effects on the rest of the world, not just his home country.

I didn't hear Donald Trump's name mentioned once in the above video. The Bono quote you mentioned is from Sept 2016.

Bono is now a huge fan of Trump and MAGA :)

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    May he wind up in a cage with Peter Fondle!.....
    ....Fonda! Peter Fonda!

Now ya talkin brother! I'm gonna have to burn my copy of Easy Rider. I was like 11 when I "talked" my mother into taking me to the theater to see Easy Rider. Mom was a Navy RN, she wan't impressed with the movie.

Put his sister in the cage with him, Hanoi Jane.

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    I don't care what anyone from Ireland has to say about America. It simply doesn't matter. If he doesn't like America, he can go home. Problem solved. And, take Jane and her Peter with him.

Al

Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Bono in December of 2017. I've NEVER seen him support Trump at all.

In the Australian interview, Bono also reaffirmed his belief that Vice President Mike Pence is more agreeable than President Trump.

“Mike Pence is a person I believe we can work with,” Bono said. “I may not agree with him, but I believe him when he speaks. I have sympathy for idealists — what you and I might think of as *narrow-minded ideological fundamentalists like Pence. If you can widen the aperture of that idealism, they’re capable of being passionate about, say, the environment or poor people. And liberals have got to be careful of that awful dismissiveness of people who have thoroughly conservative views.”

As far as Trump goes? “I can’t meet with him because he doesn’t tell the truth,” Bono says. “I have good friends in the Republican Party … it’s going to end in tears, and people will be embarrassed that the Oval Office was turned into the [WWE].”

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom