Mobile Site Suggestion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Hey, I do not use Tapatalk and have no desire to do such... So I am often on the site from my phone and actually like the new design but with one caveat... When you click on the forum you can not select a page from the main screen. My example is your following a thread you can only click on the first page, it would be nice to at least have a last page button similar to the desktop. When I get back on my phone I'll screenshot what I am talking about.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Bottom left screen is the fix. I still do worlds better with the original format so I just changed back to that. I only use Tapatalk for uploading pics.

c21b7668b9efc286f2ce1e78ec6fce2e.png

Last edited:

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    Yep left it up for that reason, some folks do like that version, I get it. However happy to edit the responsive, most mobile folks are used to responsive sites. for me, I still only use the desktop version and stay away from phones.

sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Here is my quick MS Paint idea... Something as simple as a Last Page Button, or could have the 1,2,3 Last Page button...Ideas BS.com.png

sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Have you tried using the back button built into your cell's browser, or does that not work due to the "uniqueness" of the search?

It's not that, just would be nice to know if there was more than one page to a thread, and be able to at least navigate to the last page instead for just the first by clicking on the header. The real reason I will never do Tapatalk is battery life on my phone... By installing all these knickknack programs that are always checking up using data my battery life goes to hell. Would rather use the web browser exclusively.

(Yes I understand that I can just use the desktop site on mobile like before, but I do like the new mobile sight its very slick and minimal data (when in bad data areas or times when my connection is throttled))

Last edited:

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    Gotcha, that was using the advanced search function. Not sure why the new threadloom search engine system does not take that over as well, now there are 2 search systems. I can see if web guy can easily add the pagination. it is there in full desktop view so it may be easy to do.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Speaking as a web developer.... a common mis-conception... Just add a "SIMPLE" button.

sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Speaking as a web developer.... a common mis-conception... Just add a "SIMPLE" button.

Never did much beyond dabbling in it, but I understand how anything on a grand scale is no easy task... In my spare time I like to write databases... Used to be skilled at SQL Server, but have not used it n so long that I suck at it... Mainly stick to access right now... Currently refining a program that helps to keep track of my firearms with photos and metrics as well... Thinking of all the ways to improve it.. the more I add the easier it is to break a dependency, link etc... On a site this scale it's gonna be hard...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    It's not that, just would be nice to know if there was more than one page to a thread, and be able to at least navigate to the last page instead for just the first by clicking on the header. The real reason I will never do Tapatalk is battery life on my phone... By installing all these knickknack programs that are always checking up using data my battery life goes to hell. Would rather use the web browser exclusively.

(Yes I understand that I can just use the desktop site on mobile like before, but I do like the new mobile sight its very slick and minimal data (when in bad data areas or times when my connection is throttled))

I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted to go to the last page visited (ie back one page), but you meant the final page in the thread. I'm sure there is a somewhat simple PHP code to put it in...but I don't play with the mobile coding, so I defer to puritanize.

Top Bottom