Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 78
    Premium CoonAss Member

User Info Menu

You got to remember you are in Misissippi out there, ever seen Deliverance.
    Q.E.D.

The tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny, and it is useless for the innocent to try by reasoning to get justice, when the oppressor intends to be unjust.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Last time I was there about an hour before anyone showed up.
    It was nice having a range to myself. It was a little weird not having someone else there to watch your back. I would take off my ears after 2 mags & listen for anyone or banjo music. I shot the .22s & left the big guns loaded.
    It was either go by myself or stay home. If I hadn't told Bam I was going I might have stayed home & slept.

I used to go on 70-100 mile bike rides training by myself on dreary winter days - That is a pretty lonely feeling. Not having someone to draft off of didn't help.

It is better to have another adult with you.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CajunTim View Post
    You got to remember you are in Misissippi out there, ever seen Deliverance.
    haha. yeah I have to admit I was thinking about that too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by constitutionlover View Post
    +1

I think being out there alone could be very dangerous, best to have -at least- one person with you.

Shooting alone in general is a bad idea, shit happens.

I was thinking about that as I was shooting so I stopped. I mean if something would have came back at me I would have been ****ed.

I make my own guns.

User Info Menu

Yeah it is a bit creepy shooting out there four miles away from the nearest person (if you're lucky). Bits of paper blowing across the range freaked me out last time I was there alone. The thing is that you barely hear the noises through the ear plugs, then you turn and nothing's there. Last time I went I almost shot a sow and piglet. They came across the field while I was setting up targets, and I spun around only to see two pigs I wasn't licensed to shoot.
    ** This is My Rifle **

1911 yo

User Info Menu

Charles,

The good ol days!

sportsman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

That place is simply a disgrace. Thats why people lose their welcome. And dont know why.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Diamond View Post
    That place is simply a disgrace. Thats why people lose their welcome. And dont know why.
    The BZ is still around? I haven't been out there since Reg and some others were out there. Maybe 10yrs ago.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by notasheeple View Post
    The BZ is still around?
    I am sure the hole in the ground is still there. It got shut down.
    I had some good times there. I shot 1100 rounds of .22lr there one day. 550 rifle and 550 pistol and never put out one target. It was all plinking on targets of opportunity.
    It had it's downsides too. In the end I was transitioning to only real ranges for the safety aspect of it.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Where is this located at? And no been so the bullets just go Ang go?

Marksman

User Info Menu

It was at the I10 exit to Stennis space center .it has been locked down by the buffer zone popo. can't shoot there anymore.