Buffer Zone Pics

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    I'll try to head out there one Sunday. I have clients coming in this weekend I have some property to show them Sat. and I'll probably be busy with them on Sun. too.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Just to make sure.... It is legal to go out there and shoot right? I just felt like any min. I was going to get arrested so I just shot a few pictures and rounds and left.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Just to make sure.... It is legal to go out there and shoot right? I just felt like any min. I was going to get arrested so I just shot a few pictures and rounds and left.
    Tuan come out this sunday and youll fell better about it when there are a bunch of slAKers out there with you.And we need the help working on the range.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Its good to have someone with you shooting anyway.

+1

I think being out there alone could be very dangerous, best to have -at least- one person with you.

Shooting alone in general is a bad idea, **** happens.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Last time I was there about an hour before anyone showed up.
    It was nice having a range to myself. It was a little weird not having someone else there to watch your back. I would take off my ears after 2 mags & listen for anyone or banjo music. I shot the .22s & left the big guns loaded.
    It was either go by myself or stay home. If I hadn't told Bam I was going I might have stayed home & slept.

I used to go on 70-100 mile bike rides training by myself on dreary winter days - That is a pretty lonely feeling. Not having someone to draft off of didn't help.

It is better to have another adult with you.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    You got to remember you are in Misissippi out there, ever seen Deliverance.:rofl:

haha. yeah I have to admit I was thinking about that too!!!

+1

I think being out there alone could be very dangerous, best to have -at least- one person with you.

Shooting alone in general is a bad idea, **** happens.

I was thinking about that as I was shooting so I stopped. I mean if something would have came back at me I would have been ******.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Yeah it is a bit creepy shooting out there four miles away from the nearest person (if you're lucky). Bits of paper blowing across the range freaked me out last time I was there alone. The thing is that you barely hear the noises through the ear plugs, then you turn and nothing's there. Last time I went I almost shot a sow and piglet. They came across the field while I was setting up targets, and I spun around only to see two pigs I wasn't licensed to shoot.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The BZ is still around?
    I am sure the hole in the ground is still there. It got shut down.
    I had some good times there. I shot 1100 rounds of .22lr there one day. 550 rifle and 550 pistol and never put out one target. It was all plinking on targets of opportunity.
    It had it's downsides too. In the end I was transitioning to only real ranges for the safety aspect of it.

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    It was at the I10 exit to Stennis space center .it has been locked down by the buffer zone popo. can't shoot there anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom