Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Self Defense for my daughter

Hi all,
    My daughter isn't old enough to carry a gun on her when she's out (age 16). Does anyone have any recommendations for a good self defense course in the BTR / Prairieville area for her to attend?

Thank you so much
    Stacy
    Prairieville, LA

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Send a PM to AustinBR.

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Find her a good martial arts program. Look for one that doesn't focus on point scoring (ie Tiger Rock TKD). You want one that focuses on striking as well as joint locks and escapes. Look around at a true traditional okinawian karate style, krav maga, hapkido with some brazilian jiu jitsu thrown in, etc.
    In the mean time look for a good women's self defense seminar to start with.
    "Be water, my friend..."

User Info Menu

thanks for the info

Louisiana Sportsman

User Info Menu

Lots of great people on here with good info Stacy!

User Info Menu

thx JMAN for the referral!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Try to find training in Krav Maga. That is the Israeli military martial arts. It does not train the student to spar by rules. It trains the student to survive a no rules bared street fight. A kick in the nuts, gouging eyes, and chocking are all valid tactics in a life or death street fight. You learn something you can use on the first session.
    Last edited by Grandpa; July 8th, 2018 at 08:50 PM.
    Grandpa
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Golden Eagles Member

Marksman

User Info Menu

You can call the BRPD academy. They occasionally do womenís self defense classes but Iím not sure on all the specifics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

User Info Menu

Repy to Granpa: I've been told that very same thing about the Israeli martial arts - was also told that all women go through it too. That would be perfect if I can find the training around here

- - - Updated - - -
    MOTOR51 - Thank you

User Info Menu

thank you