Glock G19X Breaks Sales Record.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    100K+ In 180 Days – GLOCK 19X Breaks Sales Forecasts

http://19x.glock.us/

From the Marksman Barrel and advanced ergonomics to the Coyote color and nPVD coating, the G19X extends the GLOCK legacy and will be a welcomed addition to your collection.
    GLOCK’s first ever “Crossover” pistol, the GLOCK 19X, combines the best features of two of its most popular and most trusted field-tested platforms. The full-size GLOCK 17 frame and the compact GLOCK 19 slide have joined forces to produce the ideal pistol for all conditions and all situations.
    The 19X comes in the coyote color with the first-ever factory colored slide, finished with a nPVD slide coating to prevent corrosion. Additional features include the GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB), no finger grooves, ambidextrous slide stop levers and lanyard loop. Included with the pistol is a standard 17-round magazine, two 17+2-round magazines and coyote-colored pistol case.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you're going to have the full size grip, why not have a full size slide? What are you saving with a shorter slide? I think it would be more popular (it that's possible) if it had a shorter grip and a full size slide.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I think some of the sales are folks buying for novelty’s sake.

I shot the 19X and didn’t get excited. At all. Not even a tingle

If you got really large hands I can see it being of use to someone.

Gen5 19 is where it’s at for me right now. No finger groves and no more Glock bite (that was a welcomed unexpected nicety)

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    More power to them but I don’t understand the hype either. Glock has so many models I can’t keep up. The +2 capacity is nice I’m sure. I have average to large hands and never found the 19’s grip too small or my desert eagles too large.

Just another flavor of Glock-aid I guess.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't like the grip of the 19 but that's what I'm issued. I tried the X-Grip on a 17 mag in the 19, at least on the initial mag. My backup mags were all 19's. But I found my grip covered part of the X-Grip and the initial mag didn't drop free unless I pulled it with my off-hand or loosened my grip with my shooting hand. That's too much to do during a reload so I went back to the 19 mag in the weapon. On paper, the 19X is the solution for me. But if I'm going to go with the bigger grip, I'd rather save the money and go with a bigger slide. It's not FDE but that's alright.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was cool to the 19X at first, but it's quickly becoming my gun of choice ... and I say that owning about a half-dozen other Glocks (including a 17). The full-size grip works well with my full-size mitts, and the slightly shorter barrel makes it a tad easier to holster. And it's just impeccably balanced.

I didn't set out to become a 19X devotee ... that's just how it's working out. I'm not parting with any of my other Glocks, but the 19X is going to stay for a while.

Mike

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I bought a 19x when they first came out and I’m very happy with it. I’m patiently waiting for glock to start selling them in black.

Blaize

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2016
    Saint amant
    Personally its my favorite glock, and I own all 9mm variants.

For me the recoil impulse feels really nice, I find it very easy to double tap with, as well as get a nice shooting cadence with. The trigger is pretty good for stock and it just seems to point and transition really well with the full size grip and shorter slide.

Overall nice do-everything sort of package. Not quite ideal for CC but I do carry it ocassionally. I realize its not everyones cup of tea YMMV.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I have not had a chance to try one yet, but I do feel it would be a better fit for my hand than the 19. I have always found the 17/22 to fit my hand better as the grip end just past the meaty part of my palm, while the 19 stops right in the middle.

I all honesty I have just started ignoring the handguns fit and just tried shooting them. I find I am just as good with the 19 as the 17.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    These use Glock mags...

f18e58d8cf67f3cd32cf517eabf377e4.png

$439 shipped. The 45 auto and 10mm auto models are in production now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    These use Glock mags...

f18e58d8cf67f3cd32cf517eabf377e4.png

$439 shipped. The 45 auto and 10mm auto models are in production now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rather hard to conceal on your person.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Uh, yeah, I imagine any carbine or SBR would be...but I wasn’t addressing concealed carry weapons at all.
    Was anybody?

I think the other posts in this pistol thread are about the G19X.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom