Tow trucks with blue strobes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Sub: Did you get it on camera? I assume you run dash cams? Just an assumption. If so, post please :)

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was under the impression that (at least for Louisiana) there was a “red light / blue light” regulation which stated that only government vehicles (LE/Fire/EMS) could use red lights or blue lights on their vehicles.

I was a manager at a north LA alarm / security company and we had to use orange and green light bars on our response units. Our response officers had special deputy commissions but since we were not an official agency we could not use red or blue lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    One improper use of flashing lights that annoys me is the service vehicle use. I’m referring to water company, meter readers, etc. who have flashing lights. I seem to encounter them frequently in situations where the lights are on for no reason. They probably stopped for something and have left the light on. Afterward they are driving laissez-faire down a major thoroughfare. They aren’t in an emergency but they cause traffic to defer to them or avoid passing them. Everyone in the traffic behind them gets backed up (behind a mini-truck.) I’ve called in complaints but it still happens.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    One improper use of flashing lights that annoys me is the service vehicle use. I’m referring to water company, meter readers, etc. who have flashing lights. I seem to encounter them frequently in situations where the lights are on for no reason. They probably stopped for something and have left the light on. Afterward they are driving laissez-faire down a major thoroughfare. They aren’t in an emergency but they cause traffic to defer to them or avoid passing them. Everyone in the traffic behind them gets backed up (behind a mini-truck.) I’ve called in complaints but it still happens.

I know what you mean. I've been driving the interstate and other roads a lot for the last 3 months and noticing all the damn flashing lights slowing people down. Company vehicles just driving down the road with lights flashing. Roll back wreckers going to calls or with a little Honda on it lit up like a Christmas tree. Then I pass all the 18 wheelers on the interstate with just regular driving lights and they get from point A to B with no problems.
    Drivers see those damn flashing lights and start slowing down making traffic more of a nightmare.

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    I was driving north on Juban Rd in Denham Springs this evening when a Varnado tow truck with his yellow lights on came up behind me. As we approached the I-12 overpass he pulls into the right emergcy lane and proceeds to run the red light at the I-12 on ramp. He then proceeds over the interstate passed Juban Crossing shopping center. He goes past the north entrance of the shopping center and makes an illegal u-turn on Juban. He didn’t want to wait behind the cars in the turn lane to get into the shopping center. I turn into the shopping center and see another Varndo tow truck already in the shopping center. I didn’t know tow trucks were allowed to run stop lights and make illegal u-turns.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I was driving north on Juban Rd in Denham Springs this evening when a Varnado tow truck with his yellow lights on came up behind me. As we approached the I-12 overpass he pulls into the right emergcy lane and proceeds to run the red light at the I-12 on ramp. He then proceeds over the interstate passed Juban Crossing shopping center. He goes past the north entrance of the shopping center and makes an illegal u-turn on Juban. He didn’t want to wait behind the cars in the turn lane to get into the shopping center. I turn into the shopping center and see another Varndo tow truck already in the shopping center. I didn’t know tow trucks were allowed to run stop lights and make illegal u-turns.

They can until someone writes them. We met a damn wrecker tonight with really bright ass yellow lights about blinding us. It's like dude if you can't get were you're going without all that then just stay at home

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom