Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    Just picked up a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited in 45LC with a octagon 24 inch barrel Tried to look up the rifle can't find anything about the 24 inch version lots of info about the 20 inch one. does anyone know anything about this rifle I did find the date it was made but that is it. Thanks in advance for your helpView attachment 79277View attachment 79278View attachment 79279 here are a few quick pics If I was to sell it ?

Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Just an aside about names and marketing - "Cowboy" like "Cavalry" should infer a carbine with a 16-20" barrel, IMHO, so that the scabbard or barrel doesn't get in the way of mounting or riding through brush, and so the rifle is easily pulled out while still mounted.

OK, back to the regularly scheduled on-topic discussion.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Have always wanted a marlin cowboy in .45colt.

Lets see some pics for those of us who drool over these rifles.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Just an aside about names and marketing - "Cowboy" like "Cavalry" should infer a carbine with a 16-20" barrel, IMHO, so that the scabbard or barrel doesn't get in the way of mounting or riding through brush, and so the rifle is easily pulled out while still mounted.

OK, back to the regularly scheduled on-topic discussion.

I don't agree with this 100% because cowboys used many different lengths for their rifles. Some even longer than 24".
    Now, maybe Cav. would be a generally shorter rifle length due to the nature of the Cav. Cowboys on the other usually used their rifles in a completely different fashion.

BillnLA

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Albany
    Just picked up a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited in 45LC with a octagon 24 inch barrel Tried to look up the rifle can't find anything about the 24 inch version lots of info about the 20 inch one. does anyone know anything about this rifle I did find the date it was made but that is it. Thanks in advance for your help

I have one in 45 colt also. It was manufactured in 1996. I can't remember if it has the ballard rifling or the micro-groove. Will have to dig it out of the safe to see.

Marlin produced the Cowboy Limited, 24" barrel, from about 1996 - 2009. Prior to the sale of Marlin to Remington. I think they also made a Cowboy in 20" barrel length and in 44 mag and 357 during this time also. The newer models(post Remington) of the Cowboy edition have the 20" barrel.

Top Bottom