Shorter Barrel with a Silencer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I didnt watch it all either. Like most of these videos there us too much talking and less product usage.

I finally watched it and you're right. The video could have been about 10 seconds long and it would have contained the same information. It could have shown him shooting a few rounds with the silencer on and finished with him saying it worked.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thats half the fun! Try adding a pdw stock with a mini style buffer and flat spring into the mix. Thats when **** gets interesting with a 7.5" barrel. Although I dont run that one suppressed, I do have a 9" blackout DI upper that has no issues with my omega 30 supers or subs.

And what's the worst that can happen if it doesn't blow up in my hands? I have more parts in the build bin. After a while, the hardest part about a build is figuring out a configuration you don't already have. I haven't branched out into the "exotic" calibers simply because of the cost.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    And what's the worst that can happen if it doesn't blow up in my hands? I have more parts in the build bin. After a while, the hardest part about a build is figuring out a configuration you don't already have. I haven't branched out into the "exotic" calibers simply because of the cost.

Bingo. It just depends on what you want at the end of the day: something you know has been proven to function with no guessing involved or if you like to tinker. I prefer the tinker part. Its entertaining.

patwa

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Lake Charles

300 BLK, 8" barrel, YHM Phantom
    Cant seem to get the picture to come up. https://servimg.com/view/19323411/69

Last edited:
    Top Bottom