WTS: WTS/WTT 1988 Jeep Wrangler YJ

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

apso1857

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Crowley, LA
    I really hate to part with it, but my wife says its time to go due to me not driving it much anymore. I am open to cash or trades such as military vehicles/surplus, motorhomes, firearms, etc. With all the extra's (package deal, will not separate) I value this Jeep at around $7000, but I am up to some negotiation.

I am the third owner, it is fully street legal, with a clear title. All original engine (2.5 liter) and drive-train (manual transmission/transfer case) with around 135k miles and regular maintenance (I drive it less than 1000 miles/year). It has no operational issues besides a slow (over a month or so) drain on the battery (battery is only about 2 years old), and a hose that developed a minor vacuum leak and makes it slightly hard to start every once in a while (found the hose, just never changed). It has one spot of minor rust on the outside under the drivers side door area which is easily fixed (see pictures).

I have changed the front axle engagement from the vacuum to aftermarket manual cable ($150) as they were notorious for failing. I have added a set of par-36 rubber light housings ($50) with aircraft landing lights ($50, super bright pinpoint lighting) installed on windshield mounts ($75), although I haven't finished running the wiring for them. I've also bought a police light switch box ($100) which handles higher wattage and is installed to control any electrical accessories that would be added. I also have a small CB ($50) mounted in the ashtray location (still have the ashtray if you want) and a fire stick fiberglass antenna ($50) mounted on the rear tailgate stop. I've also upgraded the headlights from the weak factory ones to aftermarket LED's ($100).

I've also got two sets of full metal doors ($500/set), and one set of half metal doors ($400/set). I have the factory set of aluminum YJ rims (4) with a good set of all terrain tires, and a set of factory aluminum TJ rims (5) with a new set of 4 Gateway CO-OP mudders ($198/tire) which only have around 200 miles and an older one (alot more miles) as the spare. I've also got the original factory donut and cover if you want (never used, kept for collectability). It also has a custom built rear heavy duty bumper.

It also comes with a factory fiberglass hard top ($1000) and an extra set of glass side windows ($200/set) for it. I also have a brand new powder coated raised winch mounting plate ($150) which has never been installed.

I've probably got more extras for it, I just cant think of them off hand. I have more pics, just let me know if you want me to send. Feel free to PM me for info.

00O0O_25fZLQ5rNU0_1200x900.jpg

00U0U_3F6c5hH30tn_1200x900.jpg

00a0a_1VgIErAF4HI_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_guGJj58aAFz_1200x900.jpg

00j0j_cKTrQqjpBJM_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_1Uxyv6mVSwP_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_jmQMhRwnoun_1200x900.jpg

00Z0Z_kdjqoMsvHPc_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

DatmanTshirts

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Im going by what you posted, and that looks like a $3600 jeep, not a $8000. Remember, you can get a TJ w/ 4.0 and a/c for that price.......UNLESS this is the "but honey look, I'm trying to sell it price"

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom