Where to go from here

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TankGunnar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Okay, so I have my CHP, attended my first AG&AG girl’s night out (held monthly and I had an awesome time) and I practice at home as well with pistol, shotgun and rifle. What classes near Hammond/Baton Rouge do you recommend next? I have looked on the NRA website and the choices are overwhelming. I want to build confidence and also greatly improve my aim with both pistol and rifle although pistol is most important. I know that will take more than what I have currently done. I am looking for female friendly training and by that I mean an environment that won’t leave me feeling intimidated if I have to ask ‘dumb’ questions. I realize that gun training is by and large a male interest just like my other hobby of ham radio is and female trainers are harder to find. I found my niche in ham radio and hope to find the same within the gun community. Thanks for any constructive input!

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Check out http://www.vatagroup.net/ They are close to your area.

My wife has taken 3 classes from them and felt very comfortable in all of them. It’s very safety oriented and you’ll learn a lot there. They also have a women’s only class they do.

I’d recommend them to any lady shooter I know.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Advantage Group, run by Interstate Guns and talk to Chris, he is one of the instructors.
    When I took Pistol 1, there was 6 ladies in the class. There are no dumb questions.
    Classes are held at the Wong’s range in Robert

TankGunnar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Advantage Group, run by Interstate Guns and talk to Chris, he is one of the instructors.
    When I took Pistol 1, there was 6 ladies in the class. There are no dumb questions.
    Classes are held at the Wong’s range in Robert

I will definitely check that out. Interstate Guns is about 10 minutes from my house but oddly enough I have never stopped in. Is the Wong’s range the one next to the Renaissance festival site? I didn’t realize they owned a range. I lived right next door to the Wong family (Trey Yuen owners) when I was a kid. Nice folks!

Blaize

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 6, 2016
    Saint amant
    Come shoot a match with us out at Nick's range in reserve. Its a PPC style match, so all shooting is stationary. Its 15 bucks, bring whatever you want to shoot and 2-4 mags. We go hammer down at 8 sunday mornings, and at 6 on thursdays.

New shooters are always welcome, just let Mr. Nick or Paul know your new, and usually someone will be designated to show you the ropes. Its probably the best way to learn the fundamentals of shooting, and not feel very intimidated or stressed. The only person your competing against is yourself.

The crowd is a great group of people who are awesome to hang out with, and know a whole lot about shooting some pistols if your willing to learn!

Im usually out there on sundays as well, just ask around and someone can point me out to you, we can get ya started!

Edit: forgot to mention the match is 60 rounds, bring your own, buy some there, or aak just about anyone there and we will take care of ya.

Last edited:

TankGunnar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks Blaize! I will take you up on that one of these Sunday’s coming. It’s always nice to find a welcoming group and I pick up new skills each time I go. Living on property where I am able to shoot is advantageous but nothing compares to learning new things from more experienced folks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom