Las Vegas Police Pursuit Shootout w/ Murder Suspects

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Kuddos to the cop but I'll bet he's going to be answering a lot of question from his administration. Damaging public property. Shooting from a moving vehicle.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Kuddos to the cop but I'll bet he's going to be answering a lot of question from his administration. Damaging public property. Shooting from a moving vehicle.

I sure couldn't see what his backstop was for most of that shoot. I hope he could... Or can, at least, defend his reasoning.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It's a really good perspective on what your body does in such a high-stress situation, trained or not. Did anyone else think it took him FOR-EVER to reload? And he almost tried to pop that mag in backwards!

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I watched that video several times... My thinking is, poor judgement for starters for pursuing and shooting out of a moving vehicle like that not knowing the backdrop behind his target, poor judgement for shooting straight through a windshield thinking that shatterproof/resistant glass isn't going to change the trajectory of the projectile, Lack of trigger discipline by shooting with the right hand off to the left across his body like that instead of switching hands (I assume lack of proper training?) and as said above, REALLY SLOW reload timing. I agree, he will, and rightfully should, be answering a lot of questions from his superiors. All in all, they got the suspects in custody which is great, but I personally think the situation as a whole could have been handled way better, and in a much safer manner for the officer. I personally think he should have Stayed back until more backup was there to help stop the vehicle in a manner that didn't involve shooting so much. But then again, I'm no police officer, and I'm sure a lot of his actions were fueled by emotion and addrenaline, so....

all in all though, I wasn't there, don't know what happened before the video was started, and wasn't/never have been in his shoes so I could be way off base. Just an outsiders view. I'm happy to see the bad guys are the ones that ended up with holes in them though and not the officer. He went home to his family. So hats off to him...

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    There is another video similar to this one that was posted on the same website a month ago or so. Might be a new trend. One doesn’t train to shoot through windshields for nothing.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    There is another video similar to this one that was posted on the same website a month ago or so. Might be a new trend. One doesn’t train to shoot through windshields for nothing.
    Heard that. All I could think about was too bad he didn’t have some hearing protection on. One gunshot inside the cab is enough to wreck you, but he emptied a mag. Bad deal..

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Bad guy off the streets, and a good guy gets to go home to his family. It wasn't pretty, but GOOD JOB!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Bad guy off the streets, and a good guy gets to go home to his family. It wasn't pretty, but GOOD JOB!

I'm glad the incident had a good outcome but I'm not sure I would say it was a good job. As an LEO, you must account for every round you fire. He didn't hit an innocent bystander but it would be unreasonable for anyone to suggest he was certain he would not when he shot from a moving vehicle at another moving vehicle. He took what I'm sure he felt was a calculated risk and it worked out for him. I'm glad it did. But that won't change his going in front of the administration to answer some questions.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm glad the incident had a good outcome but I'm not sure I would say it was a good job. As **a** LEO, you must account for every round you fire. He didn't hit an innocent bystander but it would be unreasonable for anyone to suggest he was certain he would not when he shot from a moving vehicle at another moving vehicle. He took what I'm sure he felt was a calculated risk and it worked out for him. I'm glad it did. But that won't change his going in front of the administration to answer some questions.

Sorry, I may not be a LEO but, I feel as, I should correct this due to a grammatical error. The word "an" should be used when followed by a vowel. You followed it with an acronym starting with a consonant......... So LEO no....... Grammar Police... yes! LOL!

I'm sorry I had to. It was too good not to pass up. Carry on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Sorry, I may not be a LEO but, I feel as, I should correct this due to a grammatical error. The word "an" should be used when followed by a vowel. You followed it with an acronym starting with a consonant......... So LEO no....... Grammar Police... yes! LOL!

I'm sorry I had to. It was too good not to pass up. Carry on.

My understanding is "an" precedes a vowel sound. If that's the case, reading LEO as "el-e-o" would call for "an" instead of "a".

grammer.com does agree with my assessment as well.
    "Articles with Acronyms, a or an
    Finally, the rule applies to acronyms as well. If you pronounce a letter as a letter and it begins with a vowel sound, you should precede it with an. The consonants with vowel sounds include f, h, l, m, n, r, s, and x.
    He flew in an SST. He fired an M‑1. He attended an FDA hearing."
    https://www.grammar.com/a-vs-an-when-to-use/

Please note: The period in my second sentence is outside the quotation mark. Feel free to discuss. :dogkeke:

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My understanding is "an" precedes a vowel sound. If that's the case, reading LEO as "el-e-o" would call for "an" instead of "a".

grammer.com does agree with my assessment as well.
    "Articles with Acronyms, a or an
    Finally, the rule applies to acronyms as well. If you pronounce a letter as a letter and it begins with a vowel sound, you should precede it with an. The consonants with vowel sounds include f, h, l, m, n, r, s, and x.
    He flew in an SST. He fired an M‑1. He attended an FDA hearing."
    https://www.grammar.com/a-vs-an-when-to-use/

Please note: The period in my second sentence is outside the quotation mark. Feel free to discuss. :dogkeke:
    I mis interpreted the way you were implying L.E.O. I was under the impression that you were pronouncing it as a word like "Lee-oh" as there aren't any punctuations between the letters in your acronym. My bad. It made me laugh. I never get to do that, so it was worth the time to type it up. Carry on.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I mis interpreted the way you were implying L.E.O. I was under the impression that you were pronouncing it as a word like "Lee-oh" as there aren't any punctuations between the letters in your acronym. My bad. It made me laugh. I never get to do that, so it was worth the time to type it up. Carry on.

Got it. Post in question edited for CYA purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom