I had a new gun itch too.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Picked up a new Canik TP9SFX, imported by Century Arms, made in Turkey. Warren fiber optic sights, 5.2" match grade barrel, two 20 round magazines, machined for optics and comes with 4 plates, hardware kit, three lengths of mag release button, mag loader, and a holster too. Can be had for $500 delivered. Read the reviews on line, I did, everything positive. Supposedly a copy of a Walther design. Oh and comes with a trigger pull from the factory that just plain embarrasses factory Glocks, S&W Performance Center, and Springfields to name a few. Just under 4# as delivered, with a very short reset.

Canik has other 9mm models (shorter barrel, non-optics ready) for < $350. Century Arms has great CS/support, respond promptly.

At Buds Guns: https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2084_21_1059/products_id/95361/CIA+HG3277N+TP9SA+9MM+BLK+18RD

Shot 150 rounds, then mounted a Burris Fastfire 3 to the slide. Target is 10 rounds of factory 147 gr FMJ @ 50 yards, before I adjusted to center. It's a sweet shooter for sure.

Canik Forum: https://canikfanatikforum.com/

1kxg3qjzx27ru1w619y.jpg

tiogfvas63dmyltyapyh.jpg

Last edited:

Yankchef

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2017
    New Orleans
    20180710_095601.jpg
    I've been a Walther guy but got an itch to try out a cz, this little lady shoots really well and I have the factory slide to install it in an imi kidon to turn it into a good pdw

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Nice pistol.
    Had a Canik TP9 SF Elite for a little while, prob should have held on to it. Was a solid pistol and the stock trigger was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Those Canik Turkish pistols are the stuff. The metal work on them is generally great. Real good buy. Most of the Zastava offerings look solid to me also.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Those Canik Turkish pistols are the stuff. The metal work on them is generally great. Real good buy. Most of the Zastava offerings look solid to me also.

I concur, sweet for the price. And that group is at 50 yards. And I could duplicate it no doubt, maybe even improve it. The trigger is getting better with a LOT of dry firing and lube.

I'm gonna hit the Bedico range early tomorrow morning, if anybody wants to join in. Never been there yet.

Last edited:

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    ...the New Gun Bug bit me too, itched me into something to teach my grandson with....G21 is a bit too much to start out with.

My LGS offered me a good deal on a New Ruger MK IV 22/45...looking forward to shooting it.

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I concur, sweet for the price. And that group is at 50 yards. And I could duplicate it no doubt, maybe even improve it. The trigger is getting better with a LOT of dry firing and lube.

I'm gonna hit the Bedico range early tomorrow morning, if anybody wants to join in. Never been there yet.

John, how was your visit to Bedico?

Top Bottom