Beef up Peq15 clone

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    Ok so since a real peq-15 is way out of my price range is there any way to buy a replica and beef up the internals like the laser and light? Also is there any way to take the led light out and replace with an infrared led? I would like to put on an actual rifle for looks mainly but still would like it to half ass function.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I would post your question on some of the light/laser forum sites. Those guys are hard core about building. Checkout candlepowerforums is the first that comes to mind.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

It's for airsoft. Doesn't work well... most of the cheapo knock off PEQ's (NCSTAR, ELEMENT, ETC.) will switch on/off with recoil. I've tested most of them.

Ironically, Firefield makes one that is very durable and works well on the AR platform... The Firefield Charge AR... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M2AJTZT/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Small and lightweight... they have a more robust model as well... but this particular one works perfectly (And it's $50).

The Sightmark LoPro Combo is another that works well on the AK/AR platforms (but it's $150) https://www.amazon.com/Sightmark-SM...=1532099753&sr=1-8&keywords=laser+light+combo.

Larger than the firefield by almost double, however the adjustments are easy (no wrench) and it holds zero with the 7.62 Platform.

Personally, I prefer the LoPro on my AR/AK's and the Firefield on my 9mm Carbines.

Either way... they work and don't malfunction like the chinese airsoft items.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I would like to put on an actual rifle for looks mainly but still would like it to half ass function.

It's for airsoft. Doesn't work well... most of the cheapo knock off PEQ's (NCSTAR, ELEMENT, ETC.) will switch on/off with recoil. I've tested most of them.

The OP didn't want something that functioned well. He wanted something that functioned half ass. A search of PEQ15 on AliExpress turned up a few results. For the price, the airsoft version or the cheap knockoffs should meet his good looks/half ass function standard.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    The OP didn't want something that functioned well. He wanted something that functioned half ass. A search of PEQ15 on AliExpress turned up a few results. For the price, the airsoft version or the cheap knockoffs should meet his good looks/half ass function standard.

Prez.. you sound like the expert on half assed parts.. lmao !!!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Prez.. you sound like the expert on half assed parts.. lmao !!!

I currently have an RMR on a buffer tubeless AR dedicated .22LR pistol that has held up so far with a few rounds through the barrel. The Tactical X300 weapon light, on the other hand, has a design flaw that doesn't seem to be present on the SureFire version. The button for the battery compartment has raised "bars" on either side of the button. On the SureFire, the button does not seem to extend mast the bars. On the Tactical X300, the button does, making it really easy to hit the button, opening the battery compartment and render the light useless. But I don't consider myself an expert. More like a hobbyist. If I build a "range toy", there's no need to throw a $200 red dot on it. I'll take a $40 chance with the half assed parts first.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...858.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dk9ooks

Last edited:

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    I currently have an RMR on a buffer tubeless AR dedicated .22LR pistol that has held up so far with a few rounds through the barrel. The Tactical X300 weapon light, on the other hand, has a design flaw that doesn't seem to be present on the SureFire version. The button for the battery compartment has raised "bars" on either side of the button. On the SureFire, the button does not seem to extend mast the bars. On the Tactical X300, the button does, making it really easy to hit the button, opening the battery compartment and render the light useless. But I don't consider myself an expert. More like a hobbyist. If I build a "range toy", there's no need to throw a $200 red dot on it. I'll take a $40 chance with the half assed parts first.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...858.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dk9ooks

I agree. If I'm not going into battle, no need for a 500 dollar optic.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So you want your knockoff PEQ to have the "stun" feature? Why not just buy the real one? I mean, after you engineer a PWM high output IR laser into a clone you're well over $1200.

D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    So you want your knockoff PEQ to have the "stun" feature? Why not just buy the real one? I mean, after you engineer a PWM high output IR laser into a clone you're well over $1200.
    wasn’t looking to get it to that level. Just want to get a better laser and a led to replace the one it comes with to have a little higher output light or ideally IR and a laser that’s a tad brighter. All I have seen are dull lights/ lasers. Was hoping to get insight from guys on here on how to do so and hopefully price points to know if it’s even worth messing with. That’s why I asked looks with half ass function

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom