Sherburne Range Etiquette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    Mr John
    Mcta does have shooting benches , at the 100 and 200 range , it's 2 separate areas . They have a huge target stand at the back of each , with areas that you can hang a steel or paper as well.
    The only thing they lack is a staging area for your guns / ammo . But you can park very close to your shooting area , so it's really no biggie.
    They are currently adding a 300-350 yard range .
    Super laid back .
    If in the mood to mag dump whatever you may be shooting , (and can do so safely) there's no judgmental old assholes looking at you stupid . I enjoy shooting somewhere where I'm left alone . I'm not a fan boy of r.o's on power trips . It's nice and relaxing.

Last edited:

meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    You think thats bad? The rang in MS just inside the national forest in Centreville is horrible. There is no cold/hot it's basically hot all the time. I was shooting slow and adjusting my scope at 100 and then suddenly I see a 10 year old kid in my scope running downrange with a target!

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I normally go on weekdays to try and avoid the yo-yo's.
    Anyone wanting to remind someone not abiding by the rules, to do so, is fine with me. Thanks.
    Now if rifle (other than 22's) shooters would stop using the pistol range all would be good.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I normally go on weekdays to try and avoid the yo-yo's.
    Anyone wanting to remind someone not abiding by the rules, to do so, is fine with me. Thanks.
    Now if rifle (other than 22's) shooters would stop using the pistol range all would be good.

Sherburne? Worst I've seen are the middle east gents and their kids in the black Nissan car,8 of them pile out, Just step back and watch the show!

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I was shooting at the rifle range at Sherburne and the range was in a cold state so people could go down range and put up new targets. While someone was down range, some idiot started shooting at his target several lanes down. We yelled at him to cease fire because someone was down range. He was completely unaware and nobody had ever yelled that the range was hot again. I spent 8 years in the military and we never touched our weapons when the range was not hot and someone was down range.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lej1608
    Top Bottom