Who Does Slide Milling For 1911? Update 08/08/2018

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I am looking for a company that does slide milling for a Dan Wesson 1911 in 10mm that I want to put a red dot on.

I originally was going to go with Docter USA because they do the milling and sell one of the smaller sights however; after reaching out to the over and over again and sending long emails to them and finally getting a very short reply I am not sure they are who I want to spend my money with.

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Sent it to Primary Machine on August 1 and got it back today and it turned out great. Thanks for Primary Machine for such a great turnaround time and stellar job.

Attachments

• 72FF9FF6-29D6-44EA-B5F2-4C992A225A06.jpg
      72FF9FF6-29D6-44EA-B5F2-4C992A225A06.jpg
      196.2 KB · Views: 139
    • 5D7E98E9-37DA-4FAF-AB38-6E4D7F96B984.jpg
      5D7E98E9-37DA-4FAF-AB38-6E4D7F96B984.jpg
      186.4 KB · Views: 123
    Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I just sent a G19 slide to Primary for a customer. I am anxious to see the results. They got big quick, and apparently for good reason! I send a lot of people their way.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Thanks for posting the final product. This way I know who the good vendors are for work when I need some done.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Thanks for posting the final product. This way I know who the good vendors are for work when I need some done.

Well, I talked to them at several gun shows. Almost had some slide work done to a couple Glocks before but ended up keeping the slides stock. I knew they were good people and had always heard of their good turnaround times. I was not sure they did 1911 pistols though so I was happy to see that they did. The whole process was fast and easy.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Well the end result, ur pistol sure looks sweet. A red dot just makes accurate pistol shooting so much easier, especially at longer distances.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    how did the sight weight effect the function?
    my 10mm razorback was very sensitive to recoil spring weight.

It will vary pistol to pistol. They all have a “window” they will operate in without having to change recoil spring weight, with some windows being smaller than others (such as yours). However, the gross weight increase usually isn’t bad since you’re removing steel in the process. And by doing additional milling on the slide (lightening cuts) you can even keep the final slide weight the same with the optic if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    It will vary pistol to pistol. They all have a *window* they will operate in without having to change recoil spring weight, with some windows being smaller than others (such as yours). However, the gross weight increase usually isn’t bad since you’re removing steel in the process. And by doing additional milling on the slide (lightening cuts) you can even keep the final slide weight the same with the optic if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Well, I talked to them at several gun shows. Almost had some slide work done to a couple Glocks before but ended up keeping the slides stock. I knew they were good people and had always heard of their good turnaround times. I was not sure they did 1911 pistols though so I was happy to see that they did. The whole process was fast and easy.

You inspired me to do it. Had my Iver Johnson Eagle XL 10mm ported long slide milled and cerakoted for a Vortex Venom 3 MOA by Primary Machine. Ready for hunting

iZu2xT+eR9y1MUZv%o+ofA.jpg

Top Bottom