Meanwhile overnight in New Orleans.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    There was an 8 year old shot on the balcony overnight also earlier in the week. Want to say that happened at 1am. It was on garden oaks Dr which is a street that stretched from old behrman to Degualle and is 90% section 8 apartments.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Place a 55 gallon drum full of cash and crack on the middle of the Super Dome floor. Give them weapons, lock the doors and the last man standing gets the drum. Should thin the herd.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Place a 55 gallon drum full of cash and crack on the middle of the Super Dome floor. Give them weapons, lock the doors and the last man standing gets the drum. Should thin the herd.
    Maybe the deep state will just cook up another Katrina with that big microwave generator thingy...

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Would be an awesome pay per view event. Could be a monthly thing. I’ve been on the dome floor and it would take many times to rid the city of the rats that plague it.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    There are many "shots fired" calls EVERY DAY/NIGHT here in Shreveport. Usually a shooting or 5 every week too. Shooting deaths are limited to a few every few months, usually. Getting on a 911 group that has a bunch of people with scanners logging it all makes for eye opening reading!

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    There are many "shots fired" calls EVERY DAY/NIGHT here in Shreveport. Usually a shooting or 5 every week too. Shooting deaths are limited to a few every few months, usually. Getting on a 911 group that has a bunch of people with scanners logging it all makes for eye opening reading!

True Story. Shreveport is going downhill fast and I don't see anything changing it anytime soon.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    If you live in Shreveport, there are some good Facebook groups (I know, Oxymoron) to keep up with what is actually going down rather than depending on the garbage that passes as "news" these days. These are CLOSED groups and you HAVE to live in the area and they WILL back check you to keep the riff-raff out!

Spring Lake Subdivision

https://www.facebook.com/groups/136936193140342

71105 Neighborhood Group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1871458429764917

Broadmoor/South Highland/ Capt. Shreve/ everything EAST of I-49 911 Calls

https://www.facebook.com/groups/178835012567150

Last edited:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I just looked, Shreveport demographics are very similar to NO, but approx with half of the population of NO. Same cancer problem.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Shreveport-Louisiana.html

If only there was some common denominator regarding population, clothing, those arrested the most, that stands out that would allow one to possibly know what type of individual to watch closer when they are dressed inappropriately for the weather, lighting conditions, or acting oddly, but no, that would be profiling and profiling is wrong.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If only there was some common denominator regarding population, clothing, those arrested the most, that stands out that would allow one to possibly know what type of individual to watch closer when they are dressed inappropriately for the weather, lighting conditions, or acting oddly, but no, that would be profiling and profiling is wrong.

You know you cannot generalize, b/c there's a lot of innocent people that fit the description also....

What New Orleans needs is a Harry Lee type Chief of Police, too bad it'll never happen.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    You know you cannot generalize, b/c there's a lot of innocent people that fit the description also....

What New Orleans needs is a Harry Lee type Chief of Police, too bad it'll never happen.

No, I get that and agree BUT, if you can statistically narrow down a set of characteristics MOST COMMON to the largest segment of crimes being committed, I don't care if it's white, Catholic, alter boys, why not make use of it? It's CRAZY to ignore FACTS for fear of "hurting someone's feelings" and instead overlook many potential bad actors. If you see my Lilly white ass slowly cruising in a predominantly black neighborhood, in my 100% stock SUV, stopping to "have a short chat" with every guy I see, you BETTER assume that I am up to something because I do NOT "fit" in that neighborhood and am acting suspiciously.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    PS: I HAVE done that before because I was looking for a friends house and was there to give him a ride. HAD I been stopped and questioned, I would understand it and NOT give the cops "an attitude" but would instead simply explain what I was doing. I also would NOT consent to a search of my vehicle just on legal principal even though it's never had anything illegal in it since I got it off the dealer's showroom floor.

Top Bottom