Put a smile on a service mans face

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    A neighbor and friend since 1996 when he bought here. Was feeling down. He knows I had cancer as well so we talk. He was in the service from 17.
    And he knows I am a gun guy. So from time to time, he asks if I have one? As he wanted to hold what he used way back when.
    Heres the twist He carried an AK-47 as he was living in the USSR. Born and raised. Now a proud Citizen of the USA for many years.
    He was all smiles! And does what he normally does tells me how lucky we are here with what we have and can own. That these people here have no idea how good we have it! And complain at that!!! All the time about how bad it is.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    A neighbor and friend since 1996 when he bought here. Was feeling down. He knows I had cancer as well so we talk. He was in the service from 17.
    And he knows I am a gun guy. So from time to time, he asks if I have one? As he wanted to hold what he used way back when.
    Heres the twist He carried an AK-47 as he was living in the USSR. Born and raised. Now a proud Citizen of the USA for many years.
    He was all smiles! And does what he normally does tells me how lucky we are here with what we have and can own. That these people here have no idea how good we have it! And complain at that!!! All the time about how bad it is.

giphy.gif

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    To be clear I am now in remission. So it is nice for him to see that there is another side to it.
    Was really cool to see him light up when he held the AK. Kinda funny when ya think there is another side to it. They are just young guys doing a job too.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    Glad to hear you are in remission even though I do not know you, that is great news for sure.
    Also wanted to thank you for sharing this with everyone as it does paint the picture of humanity in everyone along with some real points that someone not born into this country realizes but the mass sheeple of this country do not recognize.
    Sounds like your neighbor would have some interesting view points and stories to tell.

Top Bottom