Shooting in New Orleans.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Three Dead and Seven Injured in New Orleans Shooting.

A manhunt is underway in New Orleans for two suspects accused of killing three people and injuring seven others, the city's police chief, Michael Harrison, said.
    The suspects, who police say were wearing hoodies, fired a long rifle and a handgun into a crowd Saturday night outside a business in the 3400 block of Claiborne Avenue, about three miles from the French Quarter.
    Harrison said the suspects approached the victims from behind and fired multiple rounds "indiscriminately."
    "This is an extremely tragic incident," he told reporters.

Two men and a woman died at the scene, and several others were injured, police said in a statement.
    The injured -- five men and two women -- were taken to several hospitals in the area, police added.
    One injured victim was in critical condition Sunday morning, officials said.
    Police asked the community to share any information they may have about the shooting.

"This was a large crowd and we know that people saw something, heard something," Harrison said. "We need them to know that they can trust us and come to us."
    New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell said in a statement that authorities will focus "every resource necessary to ending this horror and seeing justice done."
    "There is no place in New Orleans for this kind of violence. I speak for everyone in our City when I say we are disgusted, we are infuriated, and we have had more than enough," Cantrell said. "Three more lives — gone. It has to end. This happened near my neighborhood, on the edge of Broadmoor. It's unacceptable anywhere."

TankGunnar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2018
    Hammond, Louisiana
    NOLA used to be a great place for a day or evening out but the only time I go that way anymore is to the airport on the rare occasion that I need to bring or pick someone up. I cringe every time my adult sons say they are going to some type of event in the city, especially since one of them is not interested in getting his CHP. Sad. Just sad to see such a great city with so much culture turn into the unsafe cesspool it has become.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If I remember correctly, that is the same bar/strip mall where Telly Hankton shot up a bunch of people. I live in NOLA, and this is just business as usuall. The shooting that i find more worrisome is the lady shot multiple times in the back at the City Park Ave / Metairie Road exit of I10.

There is got to be more to that story. The woman claims to have been shot while sitting in her car. She was shot multiple times in the back. Random shooting thru the rear glass into her torso?
    Or was she being held hostage and shot in the back from a rear passenger?
    Or driving away and shot from slightly behind from a person outside the vehicle?
    Botched robbery attempt?

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    NOLA used to be a great place for a day or evening out but the only time I go that way anymore is to the airport on the rare occasion that I need to bring or pick someone up. I cringe every time my adult sons say they are going to some type of event in the city, especially since one of them is not interested in getting his CHP. Sad. Just sad to see such a great city with so much culture turn into the unsafe cesspool it has become.

My wife and I used to go down several times a year and stay the weekend. But honestly, there are third world countries that are safer at this point. I carry, but that doesn't help when facing a drive-by. And New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell could give two sh**s less. Unless there is some way to steal money from it, or give money to a friend, that administration is not interested.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    any my family wonders why, whenever I'm outside my house I have a gun on me and i look at every individual person that comes near me. lol... makes me wonder I those of us willing to defend ourselves need to start wearing full "field gear" to leave the house....

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I live in New Orleans and though violence seems to be at an all time high, it’s concentrated in certain areas. You just learn to stay out of those areas and you’re good to go.

Areas to avoid:
    Most of New Orleans east
    That section on *uptown*
    Parts of gentilly
    Algiers from lb Landry Down to garden oaks/west end parkway
    Ames Blvd in Marrero
    Holmes in terry town
    7th and 9th wards
    St roch neighborhood
    Anything along N Claiborne, Orleans and St. Bernard ave

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Over the years, there have been many shootings outside of that Daiquiri shop.

Daiquiri shops seem to attract street loiters and violence.

There's a Daiquiri shop here, in Algiers, that has ballistic glass to protect the workers.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I live in New Orleans and though violence seems to be at an all time high, it’s concentrated in certain areas. You just learn to stay out of those areas and you’re good to go.

Areas to avoid:
    Most of New Orleans east
    That section on *uptown*
    Parts of gentilly
    Algiers from lb Landry Down to garden oaks/west end parkway
    Ames Blvd in Marrero
    Holmes in terry town
    7th and 9th wards
    St roch neighborhood
    Anything along N Claiborne, Orleans and St. Bernard ave

Holmes BLVD isn’t as bad as it used to be years ago.

Ames BLVD isn’t as bad as other areas.

The Jefferson Parish has problem areas, however the entire city of New Orleans is a problem area.

Lost Bayou

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States
    I stress every time my kids travel there for concerts or football games, knowing that tourist types are especially vulnerable. That's a shame because other than the violence it's a fascinating city.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Holmes BLVD isn’t as bad as it used to be years ago.

Ames BLVD isn’t as bad as other areas.

The Jefferson Parish has problem areas, however the entire city of New Orleans is a problem area.

Don't throw the whole city under the bus. I live in the city and consider where I live "safe". Safe enough that it's not uncommon for neighbors to not lock their doors or close their garage doors.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom