aiwb carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mini73

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2018
    Harvey, LA
    I got a Tier 1 Axis aiwb holsters.
    d6b837fe36428eff8b824d4fd4a5ae71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Karns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 2, 2017
    Covington, LA
    Tier 1 and Trex arms seem to be top of the heep if your looking for custom, spare mag capability, and a pretty penny. I run a custom holster from Mike @ LLOD on YouTube and it works great.

To me a lot of holsters could be used in AIWB but you run into clip placement regarding where your pants button on top each other. It’s very difficult to fit a clip over that thus have a small clip that’ll be as close to center as possible or 2 small clips that will span the center if you will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mini73

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2018
    Harvey, LA
    I agree. A decent belt is the thing to go with also. I got a Trayvax belt and a SOE belt I wear all the time.

vedros84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2018
    loranger,la
    Im a lefty, and I like to ride mines with a little lean to one side. Also wanting a wingman or spare mag capability. Doesnt have to be blingy. Not into the designer style look.

mini73

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2018
    Harvey, LA
    Im a lefty, and I like to ride mines with a little lean to one side. Also wanting a wingman or spare mag capability. Doesnt have to be blingy. Not into the designer style look.

Just do alittle searching and you find the one that you will like. I got the Tier 1 after trying 3 other holsters. They just held the gun though and they had adjustable can't and ride height.. I did not like keeping a magazine in my pocket and at the time did not have a magazine holder.

Last edited:

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Any holster from a reputable maker and typically, if you are gonna carry AIWB you want to go with a concealment Wing or Claw on it. Two most popular attachments are the “Mod-Wing” and the “VG Claw”. These attach to the holster and when the belt contacts them, will turn the pistol grip into the body for better concealment. It’s not uncommon to carry full size/larger pistols (VP9, G17, P320, P-10c) AIWB when using a holster with a wing/Claw.
    Also, just because you carry at 11-12 clock, does not mean you have to have a holster with a mag carrier built into one unit. We call that a side car type IWB holster. I personally prefer the carrier to be separate and here is why...there are certain times that I want to throw the holster on without the extra mag, or want the carrier in a different location on my belt(OWB 9 o’clock for me).
    With the holster and carrier separate, I can wear my standard gun belt and keep my belt buckle in front and have room for the holster. With certain belt buckles and a side car type holster, you may have to move your belt buckle over to the 10-11 o’clock position due to there being two over hooks or soft loops.

Wow, that ended up being a lot^^^

Let us know what model pistol you plan to carry and the type of holster your looking for...Attachments you prefer, etc and can give you recommendations.
    -Will

Last edited:

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Any holster from a reputable maker and typically, if you are gonna carry AIWB you want to go with a concealment Wing or Claw on it. Two most popular attachments are the *Mod-Wing* and the *VG Claw*. These attach to the holster and when the belt contacts them, will turn the pistol grip into the body for better concealment. It’s not uncommon to carry full size/larger pistols (VP9, G17, P320, P-10c) AIWB when using a holster with a wing/Claw.
    Also, just because you carry at 11-12 clock, does not mean you have to have a holster with a mag carrier built into one unit. We call that a side car type IWB holster. I personally prefer the carrier to be separate and here is why...there are certain times that I want to throw the holster on without the extra mag, or want the carrier in a different location on my belt(OWB 9 o’clock for me).
    With the holster and carrier separate, I can wear my standard gun belt and keep my belt buckle in front and have room for the holster. With certain belt buckles and a side car type holster, you may have to move your belt buckle over to the 10-11 o’clock position due to there being two over hooks or soft loops.

Wow, that ended up being a lot^^^

Let us know what model pistol you plan to carry and the type of holster your looking for...Attachments you prefer, etc.
    -Will

See this - hit the user name and PM Will (Jasarii) - He made my kydex IWB for my XDs and it is fantastic!

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    That 1911 should carry really well AIWB. I agree with the guys who recommend a "wing claw" and "wedge" from any reputable maker. I have a Raven Eidolon. If I had it to do again I might rather go with something from Keepers Concealment or JM Custom Kydex.

Probably the biggest decision is what type of belt loops you want. I like the tuckable clip on the Raven. I do tuck it in at times and it works well. I also like to be able to just clip it on rather than threading.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Different strokes but I never carry a pistol over my Femoral Artery.

The aorta is the main artery that carries blood away from the heart. At about the level of the navel it splits into the left and right common iliac arteries, which dive deep into the pelvis.
    At the level of the groin they become the common femoral arteries. Just after that they divide into the deep and superficial femoral arteries. The deep branch supplies the musculature of the thigh.
    The superficial femoral arteries travel along the inside of the thigh and have few branches above the knee and primarily supply the calf and foot.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    For the lighter single stacks I have found the Versacarry line very comfortable and they work if some minimalistic is what you want, along with less print potential.
    I did see a very intriguing video of a guy horsing a pistol grip pump shotgun from his pants that made me think he had a hollow leg.. but I’m thinking it was all TV trickery afoot.

Last edited:

randy.01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Waldheim, LA
    JBP55, I agree. Aiwb carry violates Jeff Cooper's 2nd rule of gun safety. Never point the gun at anything you do not wish to destroy. Also, I 'm pretty sure it violates any other set of gun safety rules. I believe gun writers espousing aiwb carry have made it seem safe or at least OK but they are the same ones who chastise people for glassing the hunting field with a scope on a rifle instead of using binoculars yet advocate mounting a flashlight to a handgun or shotgun. I don't want to ban people from doing it but I don't think I will. And even if I did want to do it, my gut wouldn't let me.

Top Bottom