To The Guy at Honey Island Rocking the AK Today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    So whats wrong with someone rocking thier AK? On a sunday? Is sunday for Fudds only at honey island or somthing?

You'd be surprised how many fudds get upset when you actually start shooting at a gun range.

When they've been there for 2 hours "sighting" in the same rifle that's been sighted in for the last 15 years.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    While I am all for being courteous to your fellow shooters, if I pay the range fee, I must abide by the rules of the range, not the rules of my fellow shooters. To the OP I would ask, wouldn't YOU have more fun shooting on a Saturday, instead of a Sunday?

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    If the Blackout round has a heavy crimp it will not chamber in a 5.56 and will stop on the ogive of the bullet. However if it doesn't have a crimp, reload for example, the bullet can be pushed back into the case and the bolt will lock up.

I use metal mags for the 5.56 and polymer (plastic) for the Blackout.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If the Blackout round has a heavy crimp it will not chamber in a 5.56 and will stop on the ogive of the bullet. However if it doesn't have a crimp, reload for example, the bullet can be pushed back into the case and the bolt will lock up.

Yeah, that was one of my theories for it occurring, driving the projectile further into the case. That round i tried is a factory round. It took 3 attempts/hits and maintained OAL. But I bet with some reloads, it just might happen.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

That's similar to the method I use, stuff specifically for 5.56 and for 300 BO. In my case, 300BO weapons have grey pistol grips and use grey hexmags. The few hexmags I have are only for 300 BO and they are all grey.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    GnwYZ67.jpg

My 300 blk rifles have a rubber band that says 300blk, mags have matching bands, with different colors for supers and subs

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    So whats wrong with someone rocking thier AK? On a sunday? Is sunday for Fudds only at honey island or somthing?

Nah, . . . , Nothing wrong with it. They were having fun, and as I said, I get it. It was just LOUD:D

Oh my gosh !!!
    You mean some one was shooting a gun at a gun range ?!!!
    Whatever do you plan to do about this travesty that has befallen you ??

Ahhh, . . . A drama queen. ;)
    Thank you for your contribution to the thread. It is valued, and will be stored in the DA Circular File.
    If you're at honey island and I'm there I'll be the guy with multiple optic equipped handguns knocking plates down ��. Probably with the gun in the Pic

Kool. I'll be the guy on a Sunday morning, all the way on the right side of the pistol line banging plates. Generally I'll have revolvers, because I'm gimpy and hate policing my brass. I'll be shooting next to an old codger generally. Don't shoot against him for money.

What kinda guns and what optics? Can you shoot the plates with a pcc?

You can not shoot plates with a PCC at Honey Island. The reason is: Someone will see you with a rifle shooting plates, and figure it's OK to blast them with their .308 using silver tip ammo.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Had a buddy bring his brother in laws AR over a couple months ago.
    Said on the phone *it was hung up*. Finally got it opened up and projectile out the barrel. Case and bullet looked almost identical to the picture. Found a cracked barrel extension and shredded bolt. Cleaned everything up, replaced the barrel and bolt and was back in business. I also didn’t think it could happen.

theOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I get that you were having a blast, turning money into noise. I just have to wonder if you wouldn't have MORE fun doing that on a Saturday, instead of a Sunday.:rofl:

Oh, and the guy, yesterday that swagged the .300 AAC round down through the .223 barrel. I'm glad nobody was seriously hurt. Sorry about your gun. Next time don't let children play with your ammo.

Carry on.

Ha, I must have left (around 10:30) before the interesting stuff started happening. There was someone on the pistol range that must have had some sort of drum because he was like rambo over there dropping thirty rounds at a time.

frhunter13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2018
    New Orleans
    Was putting ammo in my 3006 in the almost pitch dark one morning and pops handed me the ammo. Not really paying attention (yes) I tried to chamber one of his 30-30 rounds from my full mag. Hmm, the bolt malfunctioned of course so the mistake announced itself safely. Have been more careful ever since.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Ha, I must have left (around 10:30) before the interesting stuff started happening. There was someone on the pistol range that must have had some sort of drum because he was like rambo over there dropping thirty rounds at a time.

That was the guy. If his intention was to kill the berm, he succeeded. He made a ton of noise doing it too. Loud isn't always bad, but I was trying to shoot some groups with a new to me Win '92, and I've got enough handicaps without that distraction.

Not the AK guy's problem, I get it. I've been known to turn money into noise myself.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Many years ago my wife was a manager at a video rental store. Yes, long time back. But we shot at Honey Island. Anyway she got dibs on all the standees from all the locations. When the movie Crocodile Dundee came out it was one of the best ones as he had a knife!
    My buddy "Crazy Ronnie" yells out He's got a knife and dumps many an AR Mag! One after another at it! Followed by yelling he still coming! And More magazines. He must have used a can of ammo of mags. The RO was laughing so much "He" could barley tell him to cool it. Yes there were others were mad.
    It was priceless!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Ther is always that one guy who has money to burn on ammo. As long as he/she is safe I have no problem with it. I know for a fact that Crazy Ronny was not being normal! That's why we called him Crazy Ronnie! He did not need encouragement. But I gave him ammo and targets :rofl:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    In 1987 I brought a co-worker who happens to be black to honey island to shoot. We had many cool pre-86 toys with us. He had a Ar lower that was a push pull trigger. Don’t recall the name of the lower but it did work. There was a SO lady beware class going on next to us on the left side of the rifle range. All the instructors were looking at our toys and asking questions and being very nice. That was till my coworker dumped a beta mag and chopped down a few guys targets that were sighting in their bolt guns. After the dust cleared we packed up and quickly left. Kevin said he was worried he would become gator bait if I didn’t get him out of there.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    jeez..... yeah, if there are other people at the range shooting, especially if they're obviously taking their time, and sighting in rifles, Out of courtesy, I won't do a mag dump. Now, if there is nobody else around or nobody concentrating hard on what they're doing, then I'll let all hell break loose. lol....

Top Bottom