Mossberg 835

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lost Bayou

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States
    Was gifted an 835 recently and it's built like a tank. Love the safety location, but it kicks like a mule. Probably will use it as a bad weather option. Anyone have any experience with this firearm? I'd love to hear some real world feedback.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Do you mean the 930? I’m a long time mossy Shooter and never heard of the 830.
    835? I have one of those. 3.5* shells but it’s just a turkey gun.

I’ve shot a 930 tactical and found it up for the job but prefer a Benelli for auto 12, but I’d rather a pump gun just for reliability and lighter weight.
    Overall the autos will take a lot of the sting out of shooting a 12ga. If you find that an auto kicks like a mule, ain’t no shame in going to a 20ga

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I have a Maverik 88 (cheaper Mossberg) 12 gauge pump, 18.5" barrel. Its very light and with slugs or 00 max loads, its pretty rough. But a great defense weapon. I recently put a Burris FF3 8 MOA on it and oh my!

I have a Limbsaver slip on recoil pad for range days. Medium size, works superb. Highly recommend the Limbsaver. And you can put a short length youth stock on it to make it even faster to throw up. Picked one up on ebay for $25.

930 semi auto, that should be softer shooting than mine. That 930 looks like one sweet tactical shotgun.

Last edited:

Jar922

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Belle Chasse
    I’m not a Mossberg fan, but I did buy a 935 once. I ended up selling it shortly later because of feeding issues. (Yes I tried a **** ton of different ammo)

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Basically a 500 that takes up to 3.5* shells. I have one that used to be my duck/goose gun before I got the Browning BPS in 10ga. The long shells are costly but effective. That extra payload does make a difference. Also expect measurable added recoil.

Top Bottom