Taurus PT-111 Gen 2 $199

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Still able to get these for $199 from PSA.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/tau...gn=Daily+Deal+Email&utm_content=Saturday+7/28

80f31e5141a2227ac0693bed5e882bd6.png

jcm055

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Ruston LA
    I have one that has become my car pistol, as it fits my center console perfectly, and I love it. I've put a lot of the cheapest ammo I could buy through it without any failures. It even makes for good groups in competent hands (i.e. not mine lol). Ergonomically it's great too, fits my smaller hands. While lotta gun for the money IMHO.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have one that has become my car pistol, as it fits my center console perfectly, and I love it. I've put a lot of the cheapest ammo I could buy through it without any failures. It even makes for good groups in competent hands (i.e. not mine lol). Ergonomically it's great too, fits my smaller hands. While lotta gun for the money IMHO.

Ditto. The only problem I had with mine was that one of the magazines would drop from the gun for no reason (the other stayed put just fine). I reached out to Taurus and they said that they'd send me a replacement ... looking forward to having that arrive soon.

Mike

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Btw, gunmag warehouse...less than 20 bucks,
    15 round promag and guess what it feels like...only better.

13e44354459b2bf3531e21e78895121b.jpg

a6c26a5a459f6a89544f5b0850d57aac.jpg

dcc7640ba429a13f6fcb78331d111b89.jpg

Ahem...starts with Glock19 and ends with X

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Palmetto State Armory still has Taurus G2C and two 12 round mags for $200 delivered. Ordered one yesterday. Won't last forever.

EDIT: read my comment below on 8-25-18

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    EDIT: What leads to this post is my new G2C has a crappy trigger, a definite "catch" in the pull, and I'm not the only one with the same issue after searching this morning.

I wanted to add here Taurus warranty is now 1 year only. And doing some on line research, people sending their pistols in to Taurus for warranty issues/problems are seeing wait times of 3 months plus. Some commentors on line are wondering if they will ever see their pistol again. Guys call and waiting half hour+ for a human and never getting one, emails going unanswered.

So no way can I endorse spending ur money on any Taurus pistol any longer. Even if they are dirt cheap. There is a reason why they are selling so cheap as in you may not have a warranty, and you may never see ur pistol again if you do return it. Several lawsuits/claims pending against Taurus Firearms.

So i just wanted to pass on this info (that I found on line digging deep this morning) on as i had recommended the G2C above. Ur call......but I will not purchase Taurus anything going forward.

Article is a couple years old, but the comments at the bottom are recent (guys waiting 4-8 months on warranty service: https://guncarrier.com/the-taurus-pistol-recall/

Taurus Forum about crappy warranty services and contacts: https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-product-problems/103341-update-sending-gun-taurus-5.html

Last edited:

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    EDIT: What leads to this post is my new G2C has a crappy trigger, a definite "catch" in the pull, and I'm not the only one with the same issue after searching this morning.

I wanted to add here Taurus warranty is now 1 year only. And doing some on line research, people sending their pistols in to Taurus for warranty issues/problems are seeing wait times of 3 months plus. Some commentors on line are wondering if they will ever see their pistol again. Guys call and waiting half hour+ for a human and never getting one, emails going unanswered.

So no way can I endorse spending ur money on any Taurus pistol any longer. Even if they are dirt cheap. There is a reason why they are selling so cheap as in you may not have a warranty, and you may never see ur pistol again if you do return it. Several lawsuits/claims pending against Taurus Firearms.

So i just wanted to pass on this info (that I found on line digging deep this morning) on as i had recommended the G2C above. Ur call......but I will not purchase Taurus anything going forward.

Article is a couple years old, but the comments at the bottom are recent (guys waiting 4-8 months on warranty service: https://guncarrier.com/the-taurus-pistol-recall/

Taurus Forum about crappy warranty services and contacts: https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-product-problems/103341-update-sending-gun-taurus-5.html

Give ya $125 for yours. ;) To help ease your pain and suffering about your purchase..

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA

Yeah, the trigger is so spongy and crappy. I couldn't do it. Sold mines a long time ago. If you're in for a budget gun, I'd rather get the Ruger SR9c for $50 more with a better trigger and better customer support:

https://www.rkguns.com/ruger-sr9c-9mm-compact-pistol-3313.html?fee=1&fep=71

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Taurus is on my Do Not Buy List.

They're on mine now too. Lesson learned.

Yeah, the trigger is so spongy and crappy. I couldn't do it. Sold mines a long time ago. If you're in for a budget gun, I'd rather get the Ruger SR9c for $50 more with a better trigger and better customer support:

https://www.rkguns.com/ruger-sr9c-9mm-compact-pistol-3313.html?fee=1&fep=71

Ruger is an example of a gun manufacturer who has a stellar reputation for both producing quality weapons, and standing behind their product 100%. And there are others who have an excellent rep.

But there are a couple turds in the industry too. It has become apparent to me purchasing a new Taurus can be a crap shoot.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well, I’m enjoying my Taurus pistols. I’ve never had a problem with any of them. And the triggers on the PT-111, 709 slim and 740 slim pistols that I own all feel very decent to me. Better than the 2 shield pistols I’ve shot for sure. The pull on the first shot is long but the reset is short. The Ruger LC 9 I have is worse to me on the long pull. I’m wondering how many people complaining are actual owners of what is now out there. I just don’t get it. I own and actively shoot these pistols and have not come to the same conclusion.
    Sad to hear about their customer service if that’s the case. I’ll have to do my own homework as to any warranty info. I’m assuming if it’s the case, it only applies to guns manufactured/sold after a particular date.
    I always welcome factual feedback on stuff I own or may be looking to buy, but prefer when it comes from actual owners of the product who have real world info such as what I offer.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Give ya $125 for yours. ;) To help ease your pain and suffering about your purchase..

Lol, beat me to it.

Seriously tho John, go shoot that thing a box or two and see if break in won’t help the catch in the trigger. I haven’t experienced that with any of mine but I’ve seen quite a few rough edges clear up after break in. Good luck.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Lol, beat me to it.

Seriously tho John, go shoot that thing a box or two and see if break in won’t help the catch in the trigger. I haven’t experienced that with any of mine but I’ve seen quite a few rough edges clear up after break in. Good luck.

I put 80 rounds thru it Friday. Had 3 FTEs and the "catch" in the trigger is still there. Didn't have a single issue with my 709 Slim when new, nada, nor now today. Seems from what I have read searching, Taurus has class action suits for ADs, so they have gone to the extreme on the trigger safety, its disengagement point. The gun went BANG every time, but you have to overcome that "catch in the pull" sometimes.

The 3 FTEs concern me more. I'm gonna run another 100-200 rounds thru it and hopefully those go away completely as the gun breaks in.

Mag, spend a bit of time and read at the Taurus forum (I linked it in a previous post above) . Its a Taurus specific forum. I'm not alone with this issue, and there are many complaining about Taurus CS and warranty problems. They don't write or complain unless they own a taurus product, and there are many unhappy Taurus customers posting. Even mainstream on line publications recognizing Taurus recalls on 8 models, and their struggles.

Taurus doesn't have this bad reputation for nothing........I just had been lucky previously. I was thinking about a Taurus SS 1911, but after researching and reading last couple days, that will NEVER happen for me. I'm not investing $550 for a 1911 with a one year warranty with a company based in Brazil, with a shoddy reputation.

No more new Taurus anything for me!

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

No worries, if I decide to dump the G2C, I'm sure I can find an uninformed Taurus fanboi out there somewhere in south LA who will gladly pay me what i have into it. No worries there.

Mag, here is another link to the Taurus forums. Read for yourself all the "happy owners" sending their pistols back to Taurus, and the wonderful Taurus CS: https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-product-problems/

Maybe Dave 2.0 was right about Taurus all along.

Musicmasterd12

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Slidell
    Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Idk if this is against rules or not if it is please let me know. I bought this for both my pt111s and 709 and it has helped with that catch feel of the trigger. I’m not affiliated with this company in anyway, just throwing this info out there in case it may help someone else. For about $20 it’s worth a try.

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/stainl...for-the-taurus-pt111-g2-pt140-g2-709-and-740/

Thanks for the help but that piece goes in the slide/striker assembly. Mine is definitely in the trigger mechanism, in the lower. I can take off the slide/barrel assembly and pull the trigger and the "catch/hitch" is still there. Also my new G2C does not have a keyed firing lockout of any sort. My older 709 does have the lockout, but there is no issue with it whatsoever.

Musicmasterd12

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Slidell
    Yea the g2c doesn’t have a lockout on it but it uses the same striker assembly as the pt111 which has the cutout in it. But in your case it seems that that wouldn’t matter. Just looking out!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom