Need recommendation for lawyer in Deritter area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    Father lived in the area, he died friday. A cousin got to the house before us and "took" all of my fathers guns along with other things. Then called the S.O. on the two brothers that went up to check/secure things for trespassing when she found out they were there. Deputy agreed they had a right to be there. The cousin has now returned to get more stuff, because nobody is there. Just got off the phone with Allen Parish S. O. and they are going to send someone have a look to make sure the tractor and a few other things are still there but we need to get a lawyer from that area

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    May want to remind them of the penalties for weapons theft and if you or any relatives are in good standing with the locals, contact the pawn shops and have them hold anything from the estate.

Had a similar situation happen to a good friend, amazing how many were "found" after felonies were put on the table.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    That is exactly why I have an inventory of all my guns w/serial #'s. My will is specific on who gets what.

Your cuzzin' deserves an ass beatin'.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    When my Dad passed three years ago, my sister was supposed to get half of everything. When I tried to give her half of Dad's money she said that I took care of him for the last 20 years and she didn't deserve any of the money. I said "Shut up and take the check!" Yes, I realize how lucky I am.

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    other brothers did some looking last night and found that there is supposedely only one succession lawyer in Allen parrish. Two of them headed up there this morning to get him started working for us. They also stopped by the court house to check the name on the deed which is in fact in our fathers name. Then to the sheriffs office to file the complaint for the theft of stuff from the house and I just faxed copies of checks to them, one of which the cousin forged his signature.
    Would very much love to beat her ass black and blue but we are going to do to it court. One of her sisters dropped a hint of wanting to buy the property from us but I am screaming hell no to my brothers.

Edit: found out last night that the shotgun he had at the house which was taken was not even his. It was on loan from from a friend in the area.

Last edited:

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    Unless there is a will spelling it out, I don't think a cousin will be entitled to anything of the estate. Burglary charges need to be filed on her in addition to theft of the firearms. I would make one phone call to her telling her what is about to happen unless everything is returned. Then light her up with charges.

BTW, I am NOT a attorney and have not stayed at a HI Express in months!

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    With what is being said about us including our mother who died last year they are not getting any warnings. Charges have been filed. When two brothers went to the house yesterday they had been back and taken other stuff and left the house unlocked. New locks have been installed.One brother finaly had enough of what was being put on facebook and texted by an aunt he texted her holy roller stuck up butt, "you know god does not like ugly and his cure for it is cancer." She is going through chemo for the 4th time. They have also been barred from the funeral.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    With what is being said about us including our mother who died last year they are not getting any warnings. Charges have been filed. When two brothers went to the house yesterday they had been back and taken other stuff and left the house unlocked. New locks have been installed.One brother finaly had enough of what was being put on facebook and texted by an aunt he texted her holy roller stuck up butt, "you know god does not like ugly and his cure for it is cancer." She is going through chemo for the 4th time. They have also been barred from the funeral.

Keep us updated, People on the west side of the state do wild things that sometimes get really interesting!!!

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    Brothers and nephews went up saturday morning to cut grass. One of my nephews checked where he put one of the guns when he was up there with my dad several months ago and it was still there. It is a Savage model 5 that was my grandfathers. I ended up getting there saturday evening and he handed it to me. Had been a while since it had been oiled so it had some rust on the barrel and trigger guard. I had brought my guns and steel targets which we set up at 50, 100, 150, 200 and 300 yards. Had a good day of shooting sunday once I rezeroed the scopes on my two AR15's and my AR10. My Ruger American was dead on at 200 with the Vortex Crossfire II.
    We shot the Savage some but it was jamming and the bolt started getting hard to work. I brought it home and worked on it last night. Ed's Red and 0000 steel wool took care of the rust but ended up with a bunch of slight pitting that was not there when I seen it last. Took me a bit to figure out how to remove the bolt and cleaned it up as well as the action area. Put it back together and crossed my fingers as I filled the mag tube. 14 rounds cycled perfectly.
    The drama continues though, the two cameras that were put up did not catch who returned the trailer. But I did find out that for one reason or another APSO has a list of the guns and serial numbers my father had. So now we have that information to nail them with stealing the guns if a search warrent is obtained. plus we are going after my dads sister for blowing thru $750,000 of my grandmothers money that was supposted to be split between her, an uncle, my dad and a dead aunts two kids.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Brothers and nephews went up saturday morning to cut grass. One of my nephews checked where he put one of the guns when he was up there with my dad several months ago and it was still there. It is a Savage model 5 that was my grandfathers. I ended up getting there saturday evening and he handed it to me. Had been a while since it had been oiled so it had some rust on the barrel and trigger guard. I had brought my guns and steel targets which we set up at 50, 100, 150, 200 and 300 yards. Had a good day of shooting sunday once I rezeroed the scopes on my two AR15's and my AR10. My Ruger American was dead on at 200 with the Vortex Crossfire II.
    We shot the Savage some but it was jamming and the bolt started getting hard to work. I brought it home and worked on it last night. Ed's Red and 0000 steel wool took care of the rust but ended up with a bunch of slight pitting that was not there when I seen it last. Took me a bit to figure out how to remove the bolt and cleaned it up as well as the action area. Put it back together and crossed my fingers as I filled the mag tube. 14 rounds cycled perfectly.
    The drama continues though, the two cameras that were put up did not catch who returned the trailer. But I did find out that for one reason or another APSO has a list of the guns and serial numbers my father had. So now we have that information to nail them with stealing the guns if a search warrent is obtained. plus we are going after my dads sister for blowing thru $750,000 of my grandmothers money that was supposted to be split between her, an uncle, my dad and a dead aunts two kids.

Dang it man!!! Good Luck with that mess!

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    Talked to one of my brothers who filed the complaint that about all A.P.S.O is doing on the missing guns is listing them as stolen. We have the list of guns and the serial numbers and the ATF is about to be brought into the mix.
    Lawyer in Deritter will get the signed paper work tomorrow to file seccession.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Talked to one of my brothers who filed the complaint that about all A.P.S.O is doing on the missing guns is listing them as stolen. We have the list of guns and the serial numbers and the ATF is about to be brought into the mix.
    Lawyer in Deritter will get the signed paper work tomorrow to file seccession.

I bet when these cousins get word of this the stolen firearms will suddenly reappear!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• like.jpg
      like.jpg
      59.7 KB · Views: 98

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix