3d printer groups? Or advise?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I am planning on getting a 3d printer next month. With all the cool .22lr printed gun plans available its piqued my interest. And my girl has wanted one forever.
    I'm looking for a facebook group or forum for beginners.
    I'm looking at spending $200-$400 on the machine. The more types of material it can use the better.

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    Double your budget and get an original Pause i3 mk3... I have one and like it. Decent online support and following. Most clones you find are Prusa copies

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I don't really get the draw of 3d printing a plastic gun, other than the initial gee whiz factor or "because I can". It's not practical, it's not going to hold up. I can make a better cheaper zip gun.

I do like the country-wide panic and outrage that 3D printed guns have caused recently, though! Sheeple amuse me! :dogkeke:

Oh, and please give me a call when you take your 1st shot with it, Troy. I'd like to watch (from a safe distance) :rofl:

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Please don't let anyone you care about trigger an explosion in something that is designed and shared on the internet...especially if it is not made of metal...

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    they are making a 5 shot nerf gun into a .22 revolver, costs about $28 with metal chamber inserts to make.

youtube washbear revolver

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    you'll be surprised at all of the things you'll want to make and ideas you come up with and cool stuff you'll make... then all of your friends will want you to start making them things

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I am planning on getting a 3d printer next month. With all the cool .22lr printed gun plans available its piqued my interest. And my girl has wanted one forever.
    I'm looking for a facebook group or forum for beginners.
    I'm looking at spending $200-$400 on the machine. The more types of material it can use the better.

llcci9s2ggnnbrfwfol.jpg

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    you'll be surprised at all of the things you'll want to make and ideas you come up with and cool stuff you'll make... then all of your friends will want you to start making them things

first gun thing i plan on is a new grip for my makarov.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    I just got the Creality Ender 3 2 weeks ago from gearbest.com for $180. Its one of the best reviewed budget printers around and it has lived up to everything I have read. Thingiverse.com has a ton of stuff you can download and print.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom