Jap Motorcycle work in New Orleans?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Anyone know a reputable motorcycle mechanic that I can bring my 08 KLR 650 in the New Orleans area? On the westbank would be even better!

I want to get a KLX needle kit from Eagle Mike installed. I think I also want to have the slide drilled, and carb mixture screws set correctly. These bikes run lean from the factory to pass the environmental standards. I will also be putting an aftermarket slip on pipe. I hope to wake up the throttle response a bit and generally acquire better performance. Hell she deserves a nice tune up after 20K miles!

If any of you guys have the know-how and like to drink beers and turn wrenches lets set something up!....or should I just attempt it myself? I have done the upgraded chain balance tensioner (AKA Doohickey) which in involved pulling the side covers and gears off of the left side of the bike. I dunno, something just freaks me out about messing with carbs having not done any work of the like before. I feel like I will royally eff something up on my relatively smooth running KLR if I do it without guidance.

Thanks,

rcm192

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    Really? If you can do the Do you can pull the carb,, I caution you though, where the choke cable goes into the carb, there is a plastic threaded piece and it breaks easy.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    My son used to have his motorcycle worked on at a place on the Westbank Expressway between Manhattan and Lafayette. I don't remember the name back then, but the place is called "Hall's" now, I think.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Really? If you can do the Do you can pull the carb,, I caution you though, where the choke cable goes into the carb, there is a plastic threaded piece and it breaks easy.

I know I probably could. But for some reason carb work intimidates me. I may just give her a shot.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    My son used to have his motorcycle worked on at a place on the Westbank Expressway between Manhattan and Lafayette. I don't remember the name back then, but the place is called "Hall's" now, I think.

Yea, I bought my tw200 brand new from them. They recently made it a point to fail to notify any of their customers with extended service plans that they are moving all service work to Honda of kenner (newly acquired by halls). I wasnt happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom