Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    I sent it off to Morgan at class 3 machining.
    That guy sure gets great reviews of his work. I’m going to have to send some things off to him.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Saw View Post
    That guy sure gets great reviews of his work. I’m going to have to send some things off to him.
    He does excellent work,however, I DID have to send it twice. The first time I sent it the barrel was around 19" factory OEM length from Century...the work I requested via email was :

-Chop to 14" and change
    -Thread to .5x28 industry specs/crown
    -Machine the Lantac Dragon ASR mount (as to not use ANY shims for timing)
    -Pin and weld (to meet the legal length of 16" with brake)

Sooo....it came back to me with a 16" overall barrel length PLUS the brake on top of that WITH shims AND pinned and welded...making it about the same length as the original without a brake threaded on to it.

With that being said, the work was very well done BUT it was a very WTF moment when I realized what I received. All I could think was damn this guys social media says 19,500 barrels threaded and counting....why me!?

I had to pay a few more bucks to get it back to him and then he charged me another fee to redo it. I could only be so butthurt about it and having to pay more.. Mistakes happen and who else was I gonna send it to get fixed and pay $100 or less to make it how I intended?

It was done right ultimately and I am very happy with it. Just had some headaches and alot more time than I wanted to wait. I would send him more work and maybe be more declarative with what I want done next time.
    Last edited by rcm192; October 16th, 2019 at 11:03 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    He does excellent work,however, I DID have to send it twice. The first time I sent it the barrel was around 19" factory OEM length from Century...the work I requested via email was :

-Chop to 14" and change
    -Thread to .5x28 industry specs/crown
    -Machine the Lantac Dragon ASR mount (as to not use ANY shims for timing)
    -Pin and weld (to meet the legal length of 16" with brake)

Sooo....it came back to me with a 16" overall barrel length PLUS the brake on top of that WITH shims AND pinned and welded...making it about the same length as the original without a brake threaded on to it.

With that being said, the work was very well done BUT it was a very WTF moment when I realized what I received. All I could think was damn this guys social media says 19,500 barrels threaded and counting....why me!?

I had to pay a few more bucks to get it back to him and then he charged me another fee to redo it. I could only be so butthurt about it and having to pay more.. Mistakes happen and who else was I gonna send it to get fixed and pay $100 or less to make it how I intended?

It was done right ultimately and I am very happy with it. Just had some headaches and alot more time than I wanted to wait. I would send him more work and maybe be more declarative with what I want done next time.
    So you asked for a certain length and received a different length but had to pay to get it fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    So you asked for a certain length and received a different length but had to pay to get it fixed?

Not Good if he had to pay to have it corrected and should leave a Negative Review at the very least. He should get a refund!

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post

Yes this is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Not Good if he had to pay to have it corrected and should leave a Negative Review at the very least. He should get a refund!
    Yea it shoulda happened.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.