Federal 9mm ball $8 per 50

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve been shooting aluminum cased 9mm and .40 S&W for about as long as there’s been such a thing. Starting with the CCI Blazer and now that Federal (and Federal’s Independence brand) has thrown out their offerings I’m enjoying theirs too. The only down side I’ve ever known is not feeling compelled to pick up the casings, having to put up with a better feeding ammo, and maybe having to save a few bucks...all stuff I can live with. I’ve fired thousands of rounds through handguns and carbines and no issues. Do what you want. I ordered 1k rounds for less than $160 to my door. The code is NCS
    The link:

https://gun.deals/product/federal-c...000-rounds-2-x-500-case-16498-shipped-wcode-n

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    During the shortage I ordered 4,000 rounds of my normal 9mm ammunition which is 124r. American Eagle. I was told the AE was not available but 124gr. Blazer was available.
    There were so many rounds in the boxes with very different lengths I had to inspect every round before loading and tossed many of the out of spec. rounds.
    I know many shooters use the cheapest garbage ammunition available but I think quality firearms deserve quality ammunition. YMMV

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    During the shortage I ordered 4,000 rounds of my normal 9mm ammunition which is 124r. American Eagle. I was told the AE was not available but 124gr. Blazer was available.
    There were so many rounds in the boxes with very different lengths I had to inspect every round before loading and tossed many of the out of spec. rounds.
    I know many shooters use the cheapest garbage ammunition available but I think quality firearms deserve quality ammunition. YMMV
    I will gladly check a random box and get back to you. I’ve seen some issues with Freedom Munitions remanufactured ammo but nothing close to what you describe with CCI or Federal. I don’t tend to buy during panic times tho, so maybe I’ve been fortunate enough not to have bought garbage ammo that was loaded during a rush type ammo market shortage. For what it’s worth, I’ve found American Eagle to be far more fouling than Independence and CCI in some of the calibers I shoot the most. I don’t consider AE to be garbage ammo because of that but I’ve learned how to save money on plinking ammo without hurting any of my quality firearms.
    What is your expert opinion on Sellier & Bellot, Fiocchi, PRVI/PPU, and IMI? I own and have shot thousands of rounds in these brands and I’d like to know your thoughts.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    CCI Blazer alum and brass, Sellier & Bellot, and Fiocchi are some of my favorite low cost, clean burning ammo. I have never had a single problem with any of them.

I had Fiocchi .223 rem 200 round count boxes of 40 and 50 grain (V-max projectiles) here for sale and never moved them. So a month ago, I took the 40gr 223 to the range and shot them from my 20" SS barreled 1/8 twist AR, which I'm still breaking in the barrel. They produced some of the tightest groups I have fired at 100 yards with factory ammo. i was stunned as most have the opinion a 40 gr projectile wouldn't work well in a fast twist AR15 barrel. Surprise surprise! And them little 40 gr pills are leaving the muzzle @ approx 3600 fps.

I have purchased and shot quite a bit of 300 BO from Sellier & Bellot, pleased with them. 124 and 147 grain. Also purchased several 25 round boxes of 12 gauge S&B 00 buckshot. All quality ammo imo.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I will gladly check a random box and get back to you. I’ve seen some issues with Freedom Munitions remanufactured ammo but nothing close to what you describe with CCI or Federal. I don’t tend to buy during panic times tho, so maybe I’ve been fortunate enough not to have bought garbage ammo that was loaded during a rush type ammo market shortage. For what it’s worth, I’ve found American Eagle to be far more fouling than Independence and CCI in some of the calibers I shoot the most. I don’t consider AE to be garbage ammo because of that but I’ve learned how to save money on plinking ammo without hurting any of my quality firearms.
    What is your expert opinion on Sellier & Bellot, Fiocchi, PRVI/PPU, and IMI? I own and have shot thousands of rounds in these brands and I’d like to know your thoughts.

I would take the last 4 you mentioned all day every day before any Blazer.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I would take the last 4 you mentioned all day every day before any Blazer.

Good to know, and I’ve never bought any of the CCI Blazer Brass. I’m curious, were those aluminum cased rounds that you found to be so detrimentally out of spec?

For the record, I still have about 40 boxes of the Blazer aluminum cased 9mm that I bought for about 5 bucks a box from sports unlimited when Bush Jr was POTUS. It still shoots great. It’s definitely not garbage ammo and neither is the aforementioned Federal aluminum that is going for 8 bucks a box. It’s just a good deal on some great range ammo.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Good to know, and I’ve never bought any of the CCI Blazer Brass. I’m curious, were those aluminum cased rounds that you found to be so detrimentally out of spec?

For the record, I still have about 40 boxes of the Blazer aluminum cased 9mm that I bought for about 5 bucks a box from sports unlimited when Bush Jr was POTUS. It still shoots great.

124gr. Blazer brass.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom