Trijicon Glock Suppressor Night Sight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've been looking into suppressor night sights for a Glock MOS because of the red dot and because I have a suppressor on the way. I think I've settled on the Trijicon. While reading a few articles about various sight sets, I saw a couple of times a recommendation to have there professionally installed. The suggestion was even in a particular article discussing various sights that talked about other brands, like AmeriGlow and TruGlo, being installed by the operator. I don't yet have sight tools. So I have to spend money on either the tools or installation. Does anyone know of any reason these sights in particular would need to be installed by a trained gunsmith as compared to the other brands that can be installed by an amateur gunsmith?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    It's a lot easier with the proper tools, less chance of damaging your new sights or frame. Any local shop should install them for free if you buy the sights there.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Get the MOS sights from Dawson Precision. The rear sight can be installed with the MGW flat sided sight pusher. I’ve done it 3 times already...

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    It's a lot easier with the proper tools, less chance of damaging your new sights or frame. Any local shop should install them for free if you buy the sights there.

That's what I always go with. Just purchase from a local shop for a little more than online, and they usually put them on for free.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dawson makes mos height sights, suppressor height sights are sometimes not tall enough.

I read a review of the Trijicon sights where they were mounted on a Glock MOS with a Vortex Venom. That's the setup I have for now. The Dawson's are about the same price as the Trijicon. I don't know how new the Dawson's are but I don't recall them coming up in the "glock suppressor sights" results.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

That's what I always go with. Just purchase from a local shop for a little more than online, and they usually put them on for free.

I'll look into the local gun shops. I'll give a few of them a call. BR Police Supply, Jim's, whoever else I can think of.

The sights in question are too tall for some sight pushers.

I also read after posting the question Trijicon uses a proprietary screw for the front sight. That may also be a reason.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I read a review of the Trijicon sights where they were mounted on a Glock MOS with a Vortex Venom. That's the setup I have for now. The Dawson's are about the same price as the Trijicon. I don't know how new the Dawson's are but I don't recall them coming up in the "glock suppressor sights" results.

I don’t own trijicons, but I do own ameriglo and Zev tall sights and I own Dawson’s MOS sights which are specific to mos glocks since the optics mount higher due to the mounting plate. The ameriglo and zev sights do not co witness really, they barely make it over the top. The Dawson’s are huge but cowitness. The zev’s are more than likely made by Dawson, they have a very similar design, just shorter. Believe the heights are as followed: Zev .300, ameriglo .315 and Dawson mos .385 (might be .395)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don’t own trijicons, but I do own ameriglo and Zev tall sights and I own Dawson’s MOS sights which are specific to mos glocks since the optics mount higher due to the mounting plate. The ameriglo and zev sights do not co witness really, they barely make it over the top. The Dawson’s are huge but cowitness. The zev’s are more than likely made by Dawson, they have a very similar design, just shorter. Believe the heights are as followed: Zev .300, ameriglo .315 and Dawson mos .385 (might be .395)

Trijicon has an orange rear and green front. That's why I'm partially leaning toward them.

BTNS_rear1.jpg

Notch Width (D) Blade Height (E) Overall Height (F)
    0.150 in. 0.361 in. 0.451in.

61XB4WQDbAL._SL1600_.jpg

71WpcLtlt9L._SL1600_.jpg

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What optic are you using?

Vortex Venom. It's the same optic in the bottom pictures in my previous post. Based on the pictures, it should be a lower 1/4 or 1/5 co-witness. My issue weapon is a G19. I can shoot the POST course with the G17 and carry it but optics may or may not be approved at this point. Our policy doesn't currently mention anything about an RDS on a pistol. I have firearms training toward the end of the month and I plan to bring the G17. I'd prefer to change the sights before then and qualify with the sights that will be on it if I carry it. I have a can on the way but it will be 8-10 months at best before I get it. It's one of the "free with purchase" from the last SilencerCo promotion and it should be another 3-4 months before it is even shipped to the store and the paperwork on it can be started.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Vortex Venom. It's the same optic in the bottom pictures in my previous post. Based on the pictures, it should be a lower 1/4 or 1/5 co-witness. My issue weapon is a G19. I can shoot the POST course with the G17 and carry it but optics may or may not be approved at this point. Our policy doesn't currently mention anything about an RDS on a pistol. I have firearms training toward the end of the month and I plan to bring the G17. I'd prefer to change the sights before then and qualify with the sights that will be on it if I carry it. I have a can on the way but it will be 8-10 months at best before I get it. It's one of the "free with purchase" from the last SilencerCo promotion and it should be another 3-4 months before it is even shipped to the store and the paperwork on it can be started.

Do whatever you want, but from my experience shooting RDS guns I prefer having all black sights. Your sight picture is very busy with all of those dots. I have the all black Dawson’s on a G5 34 with a RMR06. The optic you have is ok, but they require taller Dawson sights than the ones for the RMR.

Also, apparently someone makes a custom MOS plate that allows you to use a RMR and suppressor sights. When I discover that I’ll let you know, but I doubt it would be compatible with your optic.

I don’t mean to be a prick when I say this, but if you’re using that MOS gun with an optic for “social work” (I don’t know where you work or what you do there) you should probably get a better optic. RMR06 is the standard for very good reasons.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Do whatever you want, but from my experience shooting RDS guns I prefer having all black sights. Your sight picture is very busy with all of those dots. I have the all black Dawson’s on a G5 34 with a RMR06. The optic you have is ok, but they require taller Dawson sights than the ones for the RMR.

Also, apparently someone makes a custom MOS plate that allows you to use a RMR and suppressor sights. When I discover that I’ll let you know, but I doubt it would be compatible with your optic.

I don’t mean to be a prick when I say this, but if you’re using that MOS gun with an optic for *social work* (I don’t know where you work or what you do there) you should probably get a better optic. RMR06 is the standard for very good reasons.

Here's the real problem and I may not be able to get around it. I'm looking to use this handgun for different purposes, duty and play. What I may be better off doing is getting a 2nd, non-MOS slide and throwing some standard night sights on it for "social work." It'll likely be a while before I am authorized to carry with a RDS. While there's not a RDS on the gun, I'd prefer the white front and back. I got the Venom as a "try it and see if I want to start throwing money in that direction." I picked up the G17 MOS as a platform for the optic and an upcoming suppressor. And I have considered if our policy is such that a RDS is allowed, I may want to get something more than the Venom. I have a custom plate for the Venom from a company called CH Precision Weapon Systems. It eliminated the gap in front and behind the optics. But unless a plate has raised holes for the optic mounting screws, I think it would be tough to find a much thinner plate. I see your point about the black sights. The white would likely draw my attention to them and away from the red dot. But, based on the previous images, it looks like the Trijicons will work with the Venom.

http://chpws.com/product/trijjicon-rmr-to-glock-mos-adapter-plate

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom