Recycle Electronics?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I've got a couple of dead TVs that I would like to get rid of, but I don't want to pay the $50 it would cost to give them to Best-Buy(!) Anybody know of a place to give these to without any fees?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Put them on the curb the day before trash pickup with a hand written sign that says 50 buck's. Someone will come and steal them.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Put a dead one in the trunk of my car once and left it open about 6 inches tied with a bungee cord and parked close to the street in my driveway. It was gone in a couple of hours.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Two sources I've used for this:

-Freecycle.org
    -New Orleans City Park

Freecycle is basically like a classifieds site. You post what you have to recycle and the location that you're leaving it. Someone will contact you and y'all will set up a time for that person or persons to come pick up the item. I've done this twice with large, 300+ pound TVs. You don't have to be there for the pickup. I left the TVs near the steps off my building, set a time for them to be picked up, and they were gone when I got home from work.

City Park in Lakeview New Orleans has drop off locations that will accept electronics up to a certain weight for no fee.

Freecycle.org is your best bet. You don't have to do anything but post an ad basically. No lugging the items to a different location or any of that noise. Simply post, respond to anyone who wants the item, set a location, and they do the rest. Super easy.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I donated TVs and old computers to Paralyzed Veterans. It’s pretty much where most of our old stuff goes plus St. Vincent de Paul as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Goodwill has taken mine n the past. They don't care whether the item is working or not. Working ones get resold. Broken ones go to a metals recycler.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Any metal recycler?

I don't know which recycler Goodwill goes to. One of the people at the drop off told me that selling to the recycler was how Goodwill made money from broken electronics. Probably not much for one TV, but for a bunch of them it might be worthwhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom