Trying to get into competition shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D_behrnes

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    Zachary
    Are there any regularly scheduled handgun competitions in the Baton Rouge area? Would like to start shooting more on the weekends and can’t think of a better way. I’m not a idpa or uspsa member but if that’s going to be a requirement I can look more into that.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    You may want to check out FRC a sponsor here I believe they host some matches as well and are in BR.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    There is usually a hand gun match 3rd Sunday at APSO shooting range (across from Lamar Dixon) and a Tuesday night practice hand gun practice at FRC on Choctaw.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hey D,
    There’s all kind of stuff to shoot on the weekends. Look up *LaGator.org*, that will give you dates and times for most of the matches in the area. On FaceBook look up Gulf Coast USPSA & Louisiana Shooters Connection. They both have some information on matches. There is a practice session held at FRC on Tuesday night, starting at 6pm, for those that want a place to practice or get better. A good way to learn the basics and rules of the game. If you need more information, then send me a PM and I can get back with you.

Bryan

Doc Spudley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Kenner, LA
    If you want to try something different and fun, try Cowboy Action Shooting. The Deadwood Marshals in Sorrento shoot on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month. Check out their web site - deadwoodmarshals.com.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you want to try something different and fun, try Cowboy Action Shooting. The Deadwood Marshals in Sorrento shoot on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of every month. Check out their web site - deadwoodmarshals.com.

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I didn't know this group existed ... may go out in early September to see one of their shoots.

Mike

Taap

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 9, 2018
    Zachary
    Im pretty sure EAPS holds a match on the 3rd sunday of every month at Ascenion parish Sherrifs range behind Cabelas. I think Palo Alto Range or whatever it is called holds a match on the first or second weekend of every month. It is USPSA and you dont have to join to go shoot, just show up and get involved and have fun.

LAram567

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Metairie, Louisiana
    Tangi shooters is having a fun USPSA match tomorrow, September 1st. That’d be a good one to go shoot. I shot there for the first time last weekend. Really fun and a great group of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom