Moral dilemma

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    A woman and her 3 teen age daughters moved in next door a month ago. It's been nothing but problems. I was just woke up by some strange sounds. I look out front window a 3 boys that appear to be high school age. Its 130 am. No teen age boys live around here. I watch a little bit more and see them go into my neighbors yard.
    The mother isnt home, this seems really odd. I watch a little more and see the 4 boys climb through a window.
    Hmmm. 3 girls home alone. Ages 10 to 15.

Well all I could think is if thos was my daughter.....
    Sherrifs office is in route...

Maybe I should not have gotten involved. But what if I had to leave my daughter home alone for a little while.

Oh well. Neighbors kids will hate me now.

Did i screw up by getting involved???

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Ain't nothing good going in in that house @0130 with 4 boys and 3 young girls. Lack of proper supervision. You did the right thing.

Hypothetically, how would you feel if you heard a couple days later, the 10 yo was raped? And you had done nothing.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I used to live in a subdivision before I moved to the promise land, I had neighbors with the same situation playing loud music and underage kids there... I debated about calling the cops, went through the whole, hey I was young doing the same thing bla bla bla... But then started thinking im older now married with 3 kids... I said what the heck, ill call, if they not doing anything wrong then they got nothing to hide and the cops will just check in on them and go about there business... Well turns out they had several parents cars in the drive way along with the cops and a big discussion out there for a hour or so... never had the problem again... And several weeks later talking with there parents out in the front yard just bs"ing and he said you know a couple weeks ago we went outta town and my damn kids through a party and somebody called the cops on them.... I just sat there for a sec... and said "oh yea" really? and he said man I wish I knew who did it I would thank them, he told me this and ill never forget it... LOL

he said " with a son... you just gotta worry about 1 d*ck screwing up his life, with a daughter you gotta worry about EVERY D*CK screwing up her life !!!!" lol

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Ain't nothing good going in in that house @0130 with 4 boys and 3 young girls. Lack of proper supervision. You did the right thing.

Hypothetically, how would you feel if you heard a couple days later, the 10 yo was raped? And you had done nothing.

This.

and yes, expect repercussions from the teens, both the girls and the boys. Don't be surprised when your truck gets keyed...

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If nothing illegal is going on, then the Sheriff will be on his/her way shortly. And if something is going on ... then best that law enforcement was notified.

I don't see any moral dilemma here. You trusted your instincts. Every good cop knows that their instinct is one of the most important tools at their disposal.

Mike

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    1:30am
    You are awakened by a noise outside.
    Look out window and see three males climbing through a window of a house you know they do not own/live in.
    You did the right thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Momma was home. Passed out on couch.
    Short version. They moved here to get away from the crowd the girls had been hanging around. This has happened many times.
    Was a bad deal all around. Hopefully this makes them think twice before inviting these delinquents to my neighborhood again.
    Yes ow that I'm up and awake... I did the right thing.
    f0180a6afd70182ec15a26933b8a6d6e.jpg
    caf70777d755ebdfff2ecc92117642ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've got too much to loose. I dont want these idiots in my neighborhood. But I dont want to be "THAT GUY" Either

You heard and saw what could reasonably be interpreted as a home invasion in progress. As someone above stated, you don't want to be "that guy" who turns their back on crimes because they don't involve you.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You did the right thing.... And IF someone saw someone climbing through my window, I would want to know also. I hope I taught my daughter better, but rather safe than sorry.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    When I was young I had many a wild party here at my home. My wife was 20 when we married and at 21 she had her own home. They knew were were young I had a Bike and a race car. And Parties, but always checked IDs. The older folks here were aways asked to come.
    The stories I could tell.
    Always had strange undies in the wash or clothes, As we had a hot tub so everyone changed and sometimes left stuff behind.
    But I am with you on the underage thing I would have called.
    As far as kids retaliating when my oldest son had idiot friends they once passed by and pointed paintball and pellet guns at me1 And got 1911 pulled on them.
    some tossed them out the windown as they drove off. They were scared bad I think even the black kid in that car turned white as a ghost.
    I saw some of them later on and they were bashing my kid, I never even said a word! One of them same kids pulled them aside and told them something. They all came and said they were sorry.
    I asked my son what they said? He said oh they told them you was the real guy that pulled the real gun on them. Just like Clint Eastwood in the movie Grand Torino. Apparently They were some of the kids who pulled the fake guns on me. And I had street cred.

Top Bottom