Do you guys know of any shooting ranges with pistol plate racks?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Any ranges with pistol plate rack or other action shooting instead of just punching paper? Hopefully within 50 miles of Hammond.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    There’s a range I’ve been to a few times in Baton Rouge, right off Siegen Lane, it has an *action* plate area, where there’s multiple metal targets that reset automatically.

I think it’s called precision. But I’ve only been there twice. St. Bernard indoor has plates on certain Friday nights.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As noob said, you can try Precision. I haven't shot there in a while but I remember them having a lane with plates and bowling pins. Below is a picture from http://www.precisionfirearm.com/. It looks like the pins are gone but the plates are still there.

7248481600_8d7ec530bd_b.jpg

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Thx for the info, gents. Going to have to try Precision out one day.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    never been to honey island range. Is it pretty busy on the weekends? What are the odds of shooting say the plates if ya get there early in the morning?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    never been to honey island range. Is it pretty busy on the weekends? What are the odds of shooting say the plates if ya get there early in the morning?

If you get there when they open, pretty good.... I think most people go there to shoot rifles.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Nick's I think has one.

That's where i have been shooting for the last 10-15 years. I remember seeing it a long time ago, but not recently. I'm gonna have to message Nick and ask. Used to have spotting scopes for rent too, no more for years. People was walking off with them. I was floored when Paul told me that.

Daniel84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    Ponchatoula,Louisiana
    Theres shooting range before you get too traino landing . Ive been their few times already. Ive seen their setup for plate/disk shooting. $10/hr . I posted while back in one sections about it took a pic of flyer

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    That's where i have been shooting for the last 10-15 years. I remember seeing it a long time ago, but not recently. I'm gonna have to message Nick and ask. Used to have spotting scopes for rent too, no more for years. People was walking off with them. I was floored when Paul told me that.

That's terrible. After the first I'd have been holding driver's licenses or car keys!

BILL 111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Honey Island has re-settable plate racks and a dueling tree and swinging gongs to shoot at with HANDGUNS from the first few shooting positions on the pistol line. You can generally find a position to shoot from,but you may have to wait a few minutes for a position to open up. They are open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Check their web site for times. Search Honey Island shooting range for their website. They allow shooting standing or setting from the bench,but no drawing from a holster or rapid drawing from the bench. Distance is 20 yards from bench to targets. Get more info from their website.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    so nicks doesn't have steel poitol targets?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom