It’s just not for me...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I bag carry for several reasons.
    • In my wheelchair, I can't reach my sides/pockets and a bag makes sense for me.
    • I'm freaking FAT, nuff said.
    • The way I carry my bag makes for a fast, and if needed, stealthy draw.
    • If I choose to Openly carry, it is in a (fairly) secure and quickly accessible location.

I cross-carry a leather "Messenger bag" using a heavy laptop bag strap carried across my chest. In the main compartment I have a thumb release retention holster firmly attached to the bag. The opening zipper tab has been drilled and a split ring with a quick release for my keys put on it. This gives me a very quick and easy to access the gun. I keep the zippers situated so that all I need do is yank the zipper to the right and I have full access to my gun.

speedy-wc.jpg

Bag_2.jpg

edc.jpg

Go ahead and joke about my purse, "murse", "European Shoulder Bag" or whatever, I'm quite secure in my masculinity and I've heard them all.

PS: The black bag is ver 1 and the brown one is ver 2 of my carry bags. Bag 1 was made to be a carry bag and ver 2 wasn't but it fits my needs perfectly.

PPS: The hearing aid batteries are for my wife. I hate having to yell.

PPPS: I've since added a 6" Crescent Wrench and an 8" MAC Interchangeable bit screwdriver that stores the bits in the handle to the bag.

You have adapted very well I say, good job. Having quick access to ur handgun I would think is even more important for being wheelchair confined. You know some low life is going to try something sooner or later, thinking an easier mark.

"PPPPPP"

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Love the crescent wrench. Someone might just need a little tightening up and not be shot. Looks like all the bases are covered. I would need a shoulder replacement if I attempted a bag like that.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Cool to see you carry an S&W 3rd gen I have some {more than my wife knows about} 1st one was in 1991 and carried a 5906 with extra mag back them. A real brick like your "59"
    Glad to see you adapted so well.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Muffin tops? Loosing weight? Omg. If yall start talking about feelings and **** I'm gonna pull y'alls man cards

Says the guy who sold one of his children to buy some hollow parts...........and now feels empty :)

Top Bottom