It’s just not for me...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I’ve listened to people preach about it. But, it just doesn’t work for my body type. I’ve tried everything y’all suggest. It isn’t for dudes with beer guts. It just isn’t.

Attachments

• 333FB1CF-C90D-4BCD-8698-8769CD1800D2.jpg
      333FB1CF-C90D-4BCD-8698-8769CD1800D2.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 133

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah, I'll have to lose 40 lbs before I get a CHP and appendix carry. Maybe an ankle holster and my 5 shot 38 revolver :)

As someone who has carried a backup weapon in an ankle holster, I would advise against carrying a primary weapon in an ankle holster. They're awkward to draw from and impossible to do so discreetly. If you're in line at the store and someone comes in with a gun, you can't get to it without bending or kneeling and drawing attention to yourself. At least with aiwb, iwb, or owb carry, you don't need too much more movement that an arm.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    As someone who has carried a backup weapon in an ankle holster, I would advise against carrying a primary weapon in an ankle holster. They're awkward to draw from and impossible to do so discreetly. If you're in line at the store and someone comes in with a gun, you can't get to it without bending or kneeling and drawing attention to yourself. At least with aiwb, iwb, or owb carry, you don't need too much more movement that an arm.

What ur contributing makes absolute sense. My comment was/is a bit of sarcasm. The better option is to make this belly disappear, for several reasons really.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    As part of the flat abs crowd I do carry front waistband, generally in a versacarry, but also convert to other forms as season and dress dictate.

Last edited:

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I can only carry my NAA bugout aiwb. Much tooo beer gut.

Much too beer gut here too, buddy! I'm not fat by any means. And I'm not a large frame guy. But the beer and bourbon (and possibly the lack of proper exercise and terrible diet) have led to a sweet, solid gut that the ladies just love!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Much too beer gut here too, buddy! I'm not fat by any means. And I'm not a large frame guy. But the beer and bourbon (and possibly the lack of proper exercise and terrible diet) have led to a sweet, solid gut that the ladies just love!

I refer to mine as a gas tank for a sex machine.

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    I usually wear pants/shorts 1 size up. Appendix works for me & I got a dad bod if that helps, haha!

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I bag carry for several reasons.
    • In my wheelchair, I can't reach my sides/pockets and a bag makes sense for me.
    • I'm freaking FAT, nuff said.
    • The way I carry my bag makes for a fast, and if needed, stealthy draw.
    • If I choose to Openly carry, it is in a (fairly) secure and quickly accessible location.

I cross-carry a leather "Messenger bag" using a heavy laptop bag strap carried across my chest. In the main compartment I have a thumb release retention holster firmly attached to the bag. The opening zipper tab has been drilled and a split ring with a quick release for my keys put on it. This gives me a very quick and easy to access the gun. I keep the zippers situated so that all I need do is yank the zipper to the right and I have full access to my gun.

speedy-wc.jpg

Bag_2.jpg

edc.jpg

Go ahead and joke about my purse, "murse", "European Shoulder Bag" or whatever, I'm quite secure in my masculinity and I've heard them all.

PS: The black bag is ver 1 and the brown one is ver 2 of my carry bags. Bag 1 was made to be a carry bag and ver 2 wasn't but it fits my needs perfectly.

PPS: The hearing aid batteries are for my wife. I hate having to yell.

PPPS: I've since added a 6" Crescent Wrench and an 8" MAC Interchangeable bit screwdriver that stores the bits in the handle to the bag.

Last edited:

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    edc.jpg

Go ahead and joke about my purse, "murse", "European Shoulder Bag" or whatever, I'm quite secure in my masculinity and I've heard them all.

PS: The black bag is ver 1 and the brown one is ver 2 of my carry bags. Bag 1 was made to be a carry bag and ver 2 wasn't but it fits my needs perfectly.

PPS: The hearing aid batteries are for my wife. I hate having to yell.

PPPS: I've since added a 6" Crescent Wrench and an 8" MAC Interchangeable bit screwdriver that stores the bits in the handle to the bag.

Nice setup, man! Looks like you have everything you need, and right on your person! I have absolutely everything I need in my truck, but once I'm away from my vehicle, I only carry the bare essentials. I LOVE that you carry an old S&W, sir! Much respect for that! I collect those 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen Smith & Wessons. I have a model 59 myself, but have never carried it. She's a safe queen. My main carry is a 3rd gen though. Model 3953 with custom black cerakote on the frame. No jokes about the murse from me, buddy! I totally understand needing more room to carry things. Jeans only have so many pockets! I carry my Cannae Pro Gear Legion backpack with me as often as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom